Neymar ruled out for 3 weeks after suffering groin injury during UCL tie

Neymar ruled out for 3 weeks after suffering groin injury during UCL tie

- Neymar has been ruled out of action for the next three weeks

- The PSG star suffered a groin injury against Istanbul Basaksehir

- The Brazilian will miss three keys games for the Ligue champions

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Neymar will be out of action for the next two weeks and will return after the international break due to a groin injury, Goal.

The Paris Saint-Germain star received treatment during their Champions League win away at Istanbul Basaksehir in midweek.

The was match was still at 0-0 when the 28-year-old was subbed off the pitch to receive treatment for his groin problem.

Neymar out for 3 weeks after groin injury in midweek Champions League tie
Neymar out for 3 weeks after groin injury in midweek Champions League tie. Photo by Serhat Cagdas
Source: Getty Images

After the game PSG boss Thomas Tuchel said:

"He's got a small injury to his adductor. He'll be back after the break. I don't think he can play for Brazil. The information that we have is that he'll be back after the break."

Read also

France legend sends stunning message to Barcelona star over what Messi is doing to him

Neymar is set to miss Ligue 1 games against Nantes and Rennes including their Champions League clash away to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

However, the Brazil international is expected to be back for the clash against French rival Monaco on November 20.

Tuchel told RMC Sport about the Champions League game in midweek:

"It was necessary to take him off.
"We now have to wait for a diagnosis. It was not serious pain, but he felt uncomfortabl, though I cannot be sure at this point."

Neymar had tested positive for coronavirus before the start of the new season missing two games against Metz and Nice as well as being sent off against Marseille.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Kylian Mbappe is reportedly not prepared to renew his contract with French champions Paris Saint Germain as he is said to be preparing for a move to joining Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Read also

Mourinho calls Tottenham star 'Zidane' after he did this against LASK in Europa League (video)

There are speculations that the striker could leave the Ligue 1 giants next summer and his destination is likely the Santiago Bernabeu - amid interests from other European clubs including Juventus and Liverpool.

Spanish outlet AS are claiming that the youngster is already eyeing a move to joining Zinedine Zidane’s side but it is also believed that La Liga rivals Barcelona are also interested.

I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel