The Lagos police command has tabled seven key demands before the Lagos state government following the violence that trailed the peaceful #EndSARS protest.
Hakeem Odumosu, the state police commissioner, made the demands on Wednesday, October 28, when Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the command headquarters.
The command said it lost six policemen in the violence that broke out after hoodlums hijacked the protest.
Also, 36 police officers were critically injured while 71 police operational vehicles were burnt.
The hoodlums also razed 29 divisional police stations and 17 police posts in the state.
Legit.ng lists the seven key demands the police commissioner tabled before Governor Sanwo-Olu:
1. The Lagos state government should foot bills of all police officers that sustained injuries
2. Payment of compensation to the families of the deceased policemen
3. Take over the burial arrangements of deceased police officers
4. Provide scholarship to the children of the slain officers
5. Rebuild police stations that have been burnt down
6. The government should help continue the building of the L-Wing to a U-Wing at the command headquarters
7. Upgrade the Police Cottage Hospital
Governor Sanwo-Olu responded positively to all the demands of the Lagos police command, according to his senior special assistant on new media, Gawat Jubril.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the destruction of private and public properties in Lagos by hoodlums who hijacked the EndSARS protest angered southwest senators.
The senators condemned the EndSARS violence when they visited Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, October 27, at the State House in Marina.
The senators who came to Lagos to commiserate with the governor were led by Senator Ajayi Boroffice.
According to a statement by the governor’s aide, Gboyega Akosile, the lawmakers were really sad when they were shown pictures of the buildings destroyed in Lagos.
Crowd storms Covid-19 palliatives warehouse in Lagos | - on Legit TV