Jesse Tyler Ferguson is not a new name in the US entertainment industry. He is a five-time Primetime Emmy nominee. Many of his fans recognize him for playing Mitchel Pritchett in Modern Family, a family comedy sitcom. Also, Jesse is one of the celebrities who have been advocating for LGBTQ+ rights in the US. What else do you know about the American actor?
Jesse Ferguson has been acting professionally for more than a decade now. He launched his career at Broadway Theatre. Currently, Tyler is one of the most-cherished actors around because of his accomplishments in the film scene and the LGBTQ+ society.
How wealthy is Ferguson? Is he married? How did he make it to the top? Find out more about that in the Jesse Tyler Ferguson biography below.
- Full name: Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- Date of birth: 22nd October 1975
- Place of birth: Missoula, MT, USA
- Age: 45 years old (as of 2020)
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Husband: Justin Mikita
- Son: Beckett Mercer
- Height: 5' 11" (1.8 m)
- Occupation: Actor
- Nationality: American
Jesse Tyler Ferguson bio
Jesse Tyler was born on 22nd October 1975 in Missoula, Montana, in the USA. However, he was brought up in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Who are Jesse Tyler Ferguson parents? The actor was born into the family of Anne and Robert Ferguson.
Tyler is one of the three children of Robert and Anne Ferguson. He has a brother and sister. The names of Jesse Tyler Ferguson siblings are Ben and Kelly Ferguson.
His passion for acting started at the age of eight in Albuquerque Children’s Theatre. It became stronger as he grew up. Immediately, after high school, he joined a performing arts school to advance his acting skills.
How old is Jesse Tyler Ferguson?
Jesse Tyler Ferguson age is 45 as of 2020. He celebrates his birthdays on 22nd October.
The actor went to St. Pius X High School. Later, he proceeded to The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, located in New York.
Currently, Jesse enjoys a successful career worth envying. His journey in the industry has been both inspiring and motivating, considering he started as a swing dancer at Broadway.
The star made his acting debut in 2005 in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
Since then, the list of Jesse Tyler Ferguson movies and TV shows has been growing. Some of them have earned him several nominations and awards.
Jesse Tyler Ferguson movies
- Ordinary Sinner (2002) - Ogden
- Untraceable (2008) - Arthur James
- Wonderful World (2009) - Cyril
- The Procession (2012) - Jason
- Ice Age: Collision Course (2016) - Shangri Llama
He has also appeared in notable TV shows you may want to know. Some of them include:
- Sally Hemings: An American Scandal (2000) - Young Tom Hemings
- The Class (2006 -2007) - Richie Velch
- Ugly Betty (2007 and 2010) - Gabe Farkus
- Do Not Disturb (2008) - Larry
- Submissions Only (2012) - Jared Halstead
- Web Therapy (2013 – 2014) - Steve Olson
- Hot in Cleveland (2013) – Wes
- The Battery's Down (2009 – 2015) - Shamus McKelvy
- Nightcap (2017) - Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- Modern Family (2009 – 2020) - Mitchell Pritchett
Nominations and awards
As of 2020, he has been nominated for 20 awards, including the Primetime Emmy Awards. Below is a list of his nominations:
- 2010 to 2014: Primetime Emmy Awards - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Modern Family).
- 2010, 2015, 2016, and 2017: Screen Actors Guild Awards - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (Modern Family)
- 2012: TV Guide Awards - Favorite TV Couple (Modern Family).
- 2013: GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics -TV Performance of the Year - Actor (Modern Family).
- 2014: Gold Derby Awards - Comedy Supporting Actor (Modern Family).
- 2010 to 2015: Online Film & Television Association - Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Modern Family).
- 2013 to 2015: People's Choice Awards, USA - Favorite Comedic TV Actor
He has also managed to win five awards, which are:
- 2010: Gold Derby Awards - Ensemble of the Year (Modern Family).
- 2011 to 2014: Screen Actors Guild Awards - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (Modern Family).
Is Jesse Tyler Ferguson married? Yes, he is in one of the most popular LGBTQ+ couples in the US right now. The name of Jesse Tyler Ferguson husband is Justin Mikita, who is a lawyer.
The pair tied the knot on 20th July 2013 in New York. Their wedding was attended by family members and close friends such as Tony Kusher.
In January 2020, he announced a new arrival to their family on The Late Late Show with James Corden – the two were expecting their firstborn baby.
The name of their son is Beckett Mercer. Once in a while, they share his pictures and videos on their social media pages.
Jesse Tyler Ferguson net worth
The Modern Family actor is among the handsomely paid entertainers in the US. For instance, he received $190,000 for every episode of the family sitcom between 2014 and 2018. Later, the amount was raised to $500,000 per episode.
Celebrity Net Worth estimates his net worth to be $20 million as of 2020.
He also owns a non-profit organization together with his husband, Tie The Knot. They sell designer bow ties. All the proceedings from the business are used to fight for marriage equality.
Jesse Tyler Ferguson is a darling for many people not only because of his flawless acting skills, but also his unwavering support for LGBTQ+ rights in the US. Also, he recently welcomed his firstborn child with his husband. His journey in the acting industry is, indeed, inspiring and worth following.
READ ALSO: John Okafor's biography and best movies
Legit.ng recently comprehensively covered the life of John Okafor, who is a Nigerian actor. The comedic actor is also popularly known as Mr Ibu. He has starred in many Nollywood movies such as Police Recruit (2003), Mr Ibu in London (2004), and Honey Moon Guys (2015) among many others.
The 59-year-old is also a husband and father. The name of his wife is Stella Maris Okafor, who is an actress. The couple has three children whose names are Emmanuel, Jay Jay, and Chelsea. His net worth is estimated to be $4.2 million.