Lekki: Sanwo-Olu says one dead after shootings at toll gate

Lekki: Sanwo-Olu says one dead after shootings at toll gate

- One person has passed away following the shooting at Lekki

- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu made the disclosure in a tweet on Wednesday

- Sanwo-Olu had earlier stated that there were no casualties recorded during the shooting contrary to viral reports

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state on Wednesday, October 21, said that one person died after the shooting incident at the Lekki Toll Gate complex.

The Lagos state governor who disclosed this in a tweet he shared on his official Twitter page, added that it was unclear if the deceased was a protester.

According to Sanwo-Olu, the individual whose identity was not made known died at a hospital after suffering a blunt force trauma to the head.

Lekki: Sanwo-Olu says one dead after shootings at toll gate
Governor Sanwo-Olu says one dead after shootings at Lekki toll gate. Photo credit: jidesanwoolu
Source: Twitter

While describing the incident as an unfortunate and very sad loss, Sanwo-Olu further said it was an isolated case.

It would be recalled that Sanwo-Olu apologised to the residents of Lagos state following the shooting of peaceful protesters at Lekki toll gate on Tuesday, October 20, by security operatives which reportedly resulted to casualties.

In a state-wide broadcast, the governor appealed to the angry youths to give "peace a chance." The governor further noted that "this is the dark time in the history" of the state and Nigeria as a whole.

According to him, when the state government imposed a 24-hour curfew on Lagos state and the youths defied the directives, there was no leader of the protesting group to talk to.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that amid ongoing violence and repeated attacks on facilities in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu vowed to report the Nigeria Army operatives who shot at the peaceful protesters at Lekki toll gate to the military "high command."

Speaking during a statewide broadcast on Wednesday, October 21, closely monitored by Legit.ng, Sanwo-Olu urged for understanding and peace.

The governor also stated that he would report the security operatives who carried out the attack on unarmed protesters to President Muhammadu Buhari, being the commander-in-chief.

What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel