- Robert Lewandowski has been named as the best striker in world football at the moment
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane is second on the list while Ronaldo is third
- Luis Suarez and Romelu Lukaku also made the shortlist
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
Robert Lewandowski has emerged number one in the top ten best strikers in world football, a list compiled by UK outlet FourFourTwo.
The Polish goal scorer inspired German club Bayern Munich to winning the UEFA Champions league last season when he scored a staggering 55 goals across all competitions.
Lewandowski has already registered five goals in three league games this season and according to FourFourTwo, the prolific striker is the number one right now.
In second place is Tottenham’s Harry Kane who has already scored 8 goals in 4 matches this season, while Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is third.
Check out the entire top ten below.
10. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
9. Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid & Uruguay)
8. Raul Jimenez (Wolverhampton Wanderers & Mexico)
7. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
6. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund & Norway)
5. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City & Argentina)
4. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan & Belgium)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus & Portugal)
2. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur & England)
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich & Poland)
Meanwhile, Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandowski are currently the best performing footballers in the globe according to FootballCritic.
The Barcelona captain was La Liga's topscorer for last season but failed to win any trophy last season with La Blaugrana.
Despite Messi trophyless campaign, the 33-year-old has begun the new season on a promising note helping Barcelona to two league wins and a draw.
On the other hand, Lewandowski was the highest goalscorer in the whole of Europe helping Bayern win an incredible treble last term.
The rankings for the 50 best players were put together using its algorithm and the likes of Messi, Lewandowski, Josip Ilicic, Neymar and Joshua Kimmich finished in the top five.
And Legit.ng earlier reported that Dominic Calvert-Lewin may not be playing for any top European club at the moment, the 23-year-old is already setting the pace for others to follow this campaign.
The Sheffield-born football star is the current highest goal scorer across competitions in Europe's top five leagues this campaign.
He has already scored nine goals in just six appearances so far this campaign - leading the goal scorers chart in top five European leagues.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV
Source: Legit Nigeria