Jurgen Klopp admits he texted his players after loss to Aston Villa

Jurgen Klopp admits he texted his players after loss to Aston Villa

- Jurgen Klopp sent text messages to his players after the loss at Villa Park

- The Premier defending suffered one of their heaviest defeats in history

- The Reds will return to action with a match against Merseyside rivals Everton

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Jurgen Klopp has revealed that he sent text messages to players after Liverpool's 7-2 loss to Aston Villa in their last Premier League outing.

The players departed to their various international camps shortly after the game as Klopp claims he could not speak to them one-on-one after the game.

Now that the break is over, the Reds are ready to face fellow Merseysiders and Premier League table-toppers Everton.

Jurgen Klopp reveals he texted his players after loss to Aston Villa

Jurgen Klopp reveals he texted his players after loss to Aston Villa. Photo by John Powell
Source: Getty Images

Klopp told the BBC:

“The night after the game was not the best night of my life.
“I got up in the morning and I knew I had to speak to my boys but they were not here so I texted them a long, long message.
BBNaija: Laycon says he's recording new song as he reminds fans that he remains a singer
“It was pretty much my thoughts about the things that happened.
“After that, I felt much better because it was out and from that moment on we could carry on. That is what we did. Now we are here.
“We have really enough time to deal with it.
“Losing a game, come on, it is exactly the opposite of what you want.
“Losing it 7-2, makes it of course worse, but sometimes – and we have to show that – more useful. “Now we have the chance to show that on Saturday lunchtime against Everton.
“That makes it really interesting because we face a team who is flying and we got a proper knock. Now lets see who deals better with that.”

The German boss believes his team have learnt a lot of lessons due to the wide margin from the defeat at Villa Park despite starting the new campaign on a bright note.

Panic as Koeman reveals what would have happened if Lionel Messi left Barcelona in the summer

Klopp told talkSPORT.

“In some respect I like it more than losing 3-2, because it's just more clear,”
“The 3-2 – and we could have lost that night 3-2 – and the boys go to international teams, we do the analysis and that is it pretty much but this is more useful.”

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that West Ham United supporter Bradley Thumwood has been banned from going to watch matches for three years after racially abusing Liverpool star Mohamed Salah.

The 48-year-old was said to have pleaded guilty after appearing at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier this week.

This incident was said to have been recorded during West Ham's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool at the London Stadium on Wednesday, January 29, 2020. After the judgment, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Angry Liverpool star 'exposes' VAR, reveals why the technology is a scam

I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel