Mohamed Salah: West Ham fan Thumwood gets 3-year ban for racially abusing Egyptian

Mohamed Salah: West Ham fan Thumwood gets 3-year ban for racially abusing Egyptian

- Mohamed Salah got justice after being racially abused by a fan

- The attacker was targeted with abusive words by West Ham supporter Bradley Thumwood

- The 48-year-old has now been banned for three years from attending matches

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

West Ham United fan Bradley Thumwood has been banned from going to watch matches for three years after racially abusing Liverpool star Mohamed Salah.

The 48-year-old was said to have pleaded guilty after appearing at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier this week.

This incident was said to have been recorded during West Ham's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool at the London Stadium on Wednesday, January 29, 2020. After the judgment, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

"Thumwood was issued with a three-year Football Banning Order and fined £400. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge and costs amounting to £125."
Here's what Mesut Ozil said after Arsenal left him out of their Premier League squad (see details)

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Daily Mail reports that the Hammers are equally upholding a 'zero-tolerance approach' against racial abuse from any of their fans.

Mohamed Salah: West Ham fan Thumwood bags 3 years ban for racially abusing Egyptian

Mohamed Salah after Liverpool suffered a humiliating defeat to Aston Villa. Photo by Rui Vieira/PA
Source: Getty Images

Hence, they are embarking on educating Thumwood in a bid to re-orientate his views on the issue. The club's spokesperson said:

"The club works closely with Kick It Out and our fan group BAME Hammers.
"In conjunction with those parties, the club will offer educational sessions to the individual in question in an effort to reform their views, whilst reserving the right to uphold their indefinite bans, should those efforts prove unsuccessful."

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Legit.ng earlier reported that Sadio Mane and Thiago Alcantara are set for Liverpool return ahead of their Premier League encounter against Everton at the Goodison Park this weekend.

Good news for Ajax as 2 Liverpool stars ruled out of Champions League clash

Both players missed out on their humiliating 7-2 defeat to Aston Villa at the Villa Park just before the FIFA break.

They have now handed the Reds a huge boost after rejoining the rest of their colleagues at the Melwood training complex.

Reports claim that the players have now tested negative having observed self-isolation after initially contracting the coronavirus.

Legit.ng also added that Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah recalls he knew his side's draw at Manchester United would hurt their title contention.

Both sides shared the spoils at the end of the match following their inability to outscore each other at Old Trafford on February 24, 2019.

We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel