Victor Moses' loan move to Spartak Moscow remains on track despite delay

Victor Moses' loan move to Spartak Moscow remains on track despite delay

- Victor Moses has been declared surplus to requirement at Chelsea

- The Nigerian star returned from his short loan spell at Inter Milan earlier this summer

- The winger is now set for another temporary move to Russian side Spartak Moscow

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Nigerian forward Victor Moses is on course to join Spartak Moscow on loan this season despite the delays in his medical.

The 29-year-old was said to have agreed to a temporary move to the Turkish club following Inter Milan's failure to reach a new deal with Chelsea for the player.

Having spent the second half of last campaign under the tutelage of Antonio Conte, the Italian League side made attempts to re-sign the Super Eagles star but the deal failed to pull through.

Sources claim the Blues will hand the 2013 AFCON winner a one-year contract extension before allowing him to leave Stamford Bridge this transfer window.

Here's 1 big thing Nigerian star did before being allowed to leave Chelsea this summer

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Moses' current deal with the London club expires next summer, and if he fails to sign a new contract, he would be free to negotiate with another club without hindrance.

Victor Moses' loan move to Spartak Moscow from Chelsea remains on track

Victor Moses battling Munir El Haddadi during the Europa League final last season. Photo by Jesus SpinolaAnadolu Agency.
Source: Getty Images

He has enjoyed loan spells at five different clubs including Liverpool, Fenerbahce, West Ham United, Stoke City and most recently, Inter Milan.

The wing-back thrived under Conte during the tactician's reign at the Premier League club as they won two titles together.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, Frank Lampard did not mince words when he said the Nigerian is surplus to requirement in his squad.

He went ahead to exclude him from the list of players he submitted for this season's Champions League competition. He said:

Nigerian star who was snubbed from Chelsea's Champions League squad leaves club
"We have a bubble at the training ground with the first-team squad, which Victor hasn’t been part of. I know Victor well and we will see how that develops."

No fewer than 30 Chelsea players are currently out on loan, but the club chiefs are still planning to offload more before the window closes according to Football.London.

Apart from Moses, Danny Drinkwater, Jake Clarke-Salter and Baba Rahman are other stars who could be shipped out this window.

The Russian transfer window shuts on Saturday. Spartak are joint-top with Zenit St Petersburg, accruing 21 points from 10 games.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Nigerian winger Victor Moses is on the verge of completing a season-long loan move to Russian club Spartak Moscow from Chelsea.

The 29-year old recently returned to Stamford Bridge after his short reign at Inter Milan expired at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Arsene Wenger reveals he rejected a chance to re-sign 1 Arsenal star after leaving them in 2012

Before then, he had spent one year with Turkish giants Fenerbahce where he scored five goals in 20 key games.

We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel