- David de Gea joined Manchester United in 2011 from Spanish club Atletico Madrid
- The Manchester United goalkeeper is the highest paid footballer in England
- Arsenal new signing Thomas Partey who earns £260,000 (about N128million) weekly is also in the top 20
PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
David de Gea is English Premier League’s highest earning player, with the goalkeeper taking home £375,000 (about N185million) weekly as his contract with Manchester United stipulates.
According to GiveMeSport, six players who moved to the English top-flight during the just concluded transfer window have made the list of the top 20 highest earners.
No doubt, following the pandemic, the football business has been severely hit financially, however clubs in England spent about £1.2 billion (close to N600bn) to bring in new players.
The statistics have shown that all players in the top 20 earners’ list are members of squads in the top 2.
Ronaldo owns most expensive private jet in football and it cost N13bn (N1bn more than that of Messi)
And six of the players who teams spent money on also contribute to a list of the top 20 earners that is completely filled with players from the top six.
Here are the top 20 Premier League players that make up the weekly wage charts according to GiveMeSport - Weekly pay
20. Timo Werner, Chelsea - £179,000 (about N88million)
19. Roberto Firmino, Liverpool - £180,000 (about N89million)
18. Alexandre Lacazette, Arsenal - £182,051 (about N90million)
17. Ben Chilwell, Chelsea - £190,000 (about N94million)
16. Willian, Arsenal - £192,308 (about N95million)
=12. Tanguay Ndombele, Spurs - £200,000 (about N99million)
=12. Marcus Rashford, Manchester United - £200,000 (about N99million)
=12. Harry Kane, Spurs - £200,000 (about N99million)
=12. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool - £200,000 (about N99million)
11. Edinson Cavani, Manchester United - £210,000 (about N104million)
10. Gareth Bale, Spurs - £220,000 (about N105million)
9. Sergio Aguero, Manchester City - £230,135 (about N114million)
=7. Anthony Martial, Manchester United - £250,000 (about N123million)
=7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal - £250,000 (about N123million)
6. Thomas Partey, Arsenal - £260,000 (about N128million)
5. Mesut Ozil, Arsenal - £268,750 (about N132million)
4. Paul Pogba, Manchester United - £290,000 (about N143million)
3. Raheem Sterling, Manchester City - £300,000 (about N148million)
2. Kevin de Bruyne, Manchester City - £320,833 (about N158million)
1. David de Gea, Manchester United - £375,000 (about N185million)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reports that Brazilian football star Neymar who is currently playing for French champions Paris-Saint-Germain has emerged as the player topping the list of the highest-paid individual in boot deal in the world.
This is an incredible record and achievement for the former Barcelona star who is topping his former teammate Lionel Messi and also Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV
Vulcan, Maserati, Porshe Panamera, Brazilian star Neymar boasts a staggering collection of cars worth N2bn
Source: Legit.ng News