Tyson Fury says he has moved on from Wilder, set for Joshua

Tyson Fury says he has moved on from Wilder, set for Joshua

- Tyson Fury has officially confirmed that his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder is now off

- The WBC champions will now focus on unifying the heavyweight division with a fight with Anthony Joshua

- Both British heavyweights signed a two-fight agreement slated for a date in 2021

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Tyson Fury will not be facing Deontay Wilder for the third time, the WBC heavyweight champion has confirmed.

The British heavyweight fighter claimed that organizers have failed to fix a date for the trilogy in 2020 as he now looks set to honour the two-fight contract with Anthony Joshua in 2021.

The Gypsy King who recorded a seventh-round knockout from the Bronze Bomber back in February told the Athletic:

Tyson Fury says he has moved on from Wilder, set for Joshua clash

Tyson Fury says he has moved on from Wilder, set for Joshua clash. Photo Credit: Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

“I was looking forward to smashing Wilder again. A quick and easy fight.
Man United boss Solskjaer makes stunning statement on Ighalo after picking Nigerian ahead of Cavani for PSG clash
“But Wilder and his team were messing around with the date. They don’t really want to fight the lineal heavyweight champion.
“They know how it ends. The world knows how it will end: with Wilder on his a** again.
“Then they asked me if I would agree to push it to December. I agreed to Dec 19.
“Then they tried to change the date again into next year. I’ve been training. I’m ready. When they tried moving off Dec 19 and pushing to next year, enough was enough. I’ve moved on.
“I am the best fighter in the world. The lineal heavyweight champion. The two-time Ring magazine heavyweight champion. The WBC heavyweight champion.
“And before the end of 2021, I will be the only man on this earth with a heavyweight championship belt.”

However, it is understood that the WBC have not endorsed Fury's claim about pulling out of the trilogy fight.

Former Man United striker declares he is unstoppable despite being 39 (here is why)

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Anthony Joshua's most awaited fight with Tyson Fury is drawing closer after Deontay's trilogy fight with the Gypsy King has reportedly been called off.

Fury and the Bronze Bomber agreed to a third fight but the current pandemic and an injury to the American's bicep have complicated matters.

The pair have often been the subject matter when it comes to who is the greatest of all time in the round leather game.

I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel