Eyitayo Jegede, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, is the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming Ondo governorship election.
Jegede, a former Attorney General and commissioner of justice in the state is reputed to be a formidable politician.
In 2016, he was also the candidate of the PDP in that electoral contest and his retention of the position signals a track record of political goodwill in Ondo and beyond.
In this piece, Legit.ng lists things about the man, Jegede.
1. Hewas born to the family of late Chief Johnson Bosede, the Odopetu of Isinkan, Akure, and Mrs C.O Jegede (née Asokeji) from Ipele town, near Owo in Ondo state, Nigeria.
2. He attended St. Stephen’s “SA” Primary School Modakeke, Ife and was at Aquinas College Akure from 5 January 1973 to July 1978 for his secondary education
3. He also captained the University Volleyball team at the University of Lagos where he had his Law Degree Course between 1980 and 1983.
4. He was posted to Yola, Adamawa State for his National Youth Service Corps where he started his career as a legal practitioner.
5. In the year 1984, Jegede, qualified as a lawyer after the One Year mandatory programme at the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria and was called to the Nigerian bar in 1984. He also worked in the law firm of Murtala Aminu & Co. Yola for 12 years.
6. The Chief Justice of Nigeria in 1992 appointed him as a Notary Public before being elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria in December 2008.
7. He was a two-time chairman of the Adamawa state chapter of the Nigerian Bar Association. Coordinator and Chairman, Body of Attorneys General of the 36 States of the Federation.
* Member of the National Executive Council (NEC) of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
* Member, Body of Benchers in Nigeria. Presently a Life Bencher and
* Member of the Legal Practitioners’ Disciplinary Committee in Nigeria.
8. He was a member of the 5-man implementation committee that was saddled with the responsibility of establishing the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Adamawa state.
9. He is a member of the Council of Legal Education in Nigeria.
10. He is a former Chancellor of the Anglican Communion of Jalingo, Taraba State, he was once the Chancellor of Anglican Dioceses of Yola.
Edo election: Obaseki's win will send Oshiomhole into political oblivion | Legit TV