- Lionel Messi's transfer value has dropped for the first time in eight years
- The Argentine however still remain the most valuable player in the La Liga
- Messi has fallen to 10th position on the world rankings
Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng
Lionel Messi's market has dropped below £100m for the very first time since 2012 as the Argentina international is currently spending the last year of his contract at Barcelona.
The six-time Ballon d'Or winner is one of the best footballers in the world considering what Lionel Messi has achieved in his career while playing for Barcelona.
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have dominated the game of football for the past 10 years and these two players have scored incredible goals and created great assists.
These two stars are the most valuable players on the planet according to the Transfermarkt database with Messi's value peaking at £162m back on January 1, 2018.
Transfermarkt have released their updated player valuations for La Liga in which Messi is still topping the table, but the Argentine has now fallen to 10th in the world rankings.
See the table of top 10 below
10. Federico Valverde | Real Madrid | £63m
9. Frenkie de Jong | Barcelona | £63m
8. Raphael Varane | Real Madrid | £63m
7. Marc-Andre ter Stegen | Barcelona | £67.5m
6. Thibaut Courtois | Real Madrid | £67.5m
5. Antoine Griezmann | Barcelona | £72m
4. Ansu Fati | Barcelona | £72m
3. Joao Felix | Atletico Madrid | £72m
2. Jan Oblak | Atletico Madrid | £81m
1. Lionel Messi | Barcelona | £90m
Barcelona are currently occupying fifth position on the Spanish La Liga table with seven points after three games played so far.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Luis Suarez explained he knew that Lionel Messi felt bad about his departure at Spanish giants Barcelona after spending six years together at the Nou Camp.
The Uruguayan striker and Lionel Messi established a formidable pairing up front at Barcelona where they both won the Spanish La Liga and the Champions League titles.
But Barcelona were not in their best form last season as they failed to win any title in all competitions which made the club's chiefs to sack Setien.
Embarrassing defeat against Bayern Munich was also among the rationales that made Barcelona chiefs to change their head coach and appointed Ronald Koeman.
Ronald Koeman told Luis Suarez on resumption that he will not be part of his plans at Barcelona which the former Liverpool striker angry.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV