FG speaks on Nigerian burnt alive in Tripoli, condemns the act
WE CELEBRATE THE NEVER DYING SPIRIT OF NIGERIA AT 60. SHOW YOUR PATRIOTIC SIDE!
TAKE CHALLENGE

FG speaks on Nigerian burnt alive in Tripoli, condemns the act

- The federal government has reacted to the burning of a Nigerian in Libya by three men at a factory

- In a press release by NIDCOM on Thursday, October 8, Abike said the culprits must be brought to book

- As at the time of writing this report, the identity of the deceased has not been revealed

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

The federal government through the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has strongly condemned the killing of a Nigerian in Tripoli, Libya at a factory.

The commission’s boss, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said that the dastardly act of setting the person on fire alive is a bestial thing to do.

It should be noted that CNN earlier reported about the situation, saying three men carried out the act at a factory.

Abike, therefore, asked the foreign country to get to the root of the matter and make whoever/people involved face the full wrath of the law.

Breaking: I won’t sign off 2021 budget without compensation for EndSARS victims - Gbajabiamila

NIDCOM, however, noted that the Libyan interior minister had earlier spoken on the issue as he also condemned the incident.

Also worthy of note is that the identity of the deceased Nigerian is yet unknown. Interrogations of the suspects are ongoing as they are in custody.

Read the press release below:

A collage of Abike Dabiri and a random picture of Tripoli.
Photo source: BusinessDay/GettyImages

Abike Dabiri Abike has asked the Libyan government to get to the root of the matter Photo source: BusinessDay/GettyImages
Source: UGC

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that NIDCOM reacted to a video that earlier trended online where an unknown officer accused Nigerians of spending fake dollars.

According to the commission, the said official did not reveal his identity as he showcased the supposed bundles of fake money. The agency frankly cautioned against such denigrating attempt to taint the nation's image.

To show how serious it is, it added that it has forwarded the video to INTERPOL for proper investigation as it is stark carelessness for anyone to make such a weighty accusation without any proof.

Buhari's minister reveals what EndSARS protesters must do, gives reasons

NIDCOM then picked a hole in the unguarded statement made in the clip, asking that:

“If the so called seized vehicle has a Nigeria plate number, (and the vehicle was not displayed) does that mean the occupants are Nigerians?”

The authority, however, said that if it is found that a Nigerian was actually responsible as the clip claimed, then such a person will face the full wrath of the law.

Forget Hushpuppi, check out 8 times Nigerians abroad made us proud | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel