- Thomas Partey recently joined Arsenal from Spanish La Liga side Atletico Madrid
- The Ghana international is now the second highest paid player at Arsenal
- Partey is on £260,000-per-week deal at the Emirates stadium
Ghana international Thomas Partey is now the second highest paid player at Arsenal behind German footballer Mesut Ozil after signing £260,000-per-week deal at the Emirates.
The 27-year-old completed his move to Arsenal from Atletico Madrid where he won the Europa League title and he is now looking forward to playing his first game for the Gunners.
Arsenal were actually interested in the signing of Lyon's Houssem Aouar, but the French side refused to do business with the Premier League side which made them go for Partey.
Many fans were surprised that Thomas Partey had to leave a Champions League side for a club who will play in the Europa League this season.
But according to the report on GMS, the offer that came for Thomas Partey at Arsenal is not what he can reject therefore signing five-year deal.
GMS citing Per Spotrac however brought out the names of some Arsenal stars and their weekly take home in which Mesut Ozil is topping the list.
1. Mesut Ozil | £350,000-per-week
2. Thomas Partey | £260,000-per-week
3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | £250,000-per-week
4. Willian | £192,308-per-week
5. Alexandre Lacazette | £182,063-per-week
6. Hector Bellerin | £110,000-per-week
7. David Luiz | £100,962-per-week
8. Sead Kolasniac | £100,000-per-week
9. Bernd Leno | £100,000-per-week
10. Nicolas Pepe | £100,000-per-week
11. Granit Xhaka | £100,000-per-week
Meanwhile, Arsenal are currently occupying fourth position on the Premier League table with nine points after four games played this term.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Diego Simeone is left furious after Arsenal made a last gasp trigger of Thomas Partey £45 million release clause with just 32 minutes left before the closure of the summer transfer market.
Dailymail are reporting that the manager is upset that the Gunners did not inform him about the deal which has now shattered his midfield plans.
Partey was crucial to the Atletico Madrid squad, but they could barely do nothing after Arsenal paid the player’s release clause of £45million in the final minutes of deadline day.
It was gathered that Simeone was stunned more because he earlier spoke with the Ghanaian midfielder who agreed to stay at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium as they discussed plans moments after Lucas Torreira arrived on loan from the Emirates Stadium on the dead line day.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV