Wunmi Mosaku is a British-Nigerian actress and singer. She is best known for playing Joy in the BBC Two miniseries Moses Jones and Holly Lawson in ITV’s Vera.
Apart from being an award-winning actress with numerous awards and nominations to her name, Wunmi is also a super-talented singer. While in England, she sang in the Manchester Girls Choir for 11 years.
Wunmi Mosaku profile summary
- Full name: Oluwunmi Olapeju Mosaku
- Date of birth: 31st July 1986
- Place of birth: Zaria, Nigeria
- Age: 34 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: British, Nigerian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Profession: Actress, singer
- Net worth: $70 million
The singer was born on 31st July 1986 in Zaria Nigeria. What is Wunmi Mosaku age? She is 34 years as of the year 2020. She relocated to Manchester, England together with her parents at the age of one.
The actress is the daughter of Irene Mosaku (mother). She has not provided the name of her father. Wunmi’s parents were professors in Nigeria but upon moving to England, they were not able to do the same job.
Her mother decided to open a business while her father ended up relocating to Nigeria. The actress has two siblings, namely Iyiola Mosaku and Kunbi Mosaku.
She attended Trinity Church of England High School and Xaverian Sixth Form College. She graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2007.
Wunmi started her career as an actress from a very young age. However, she had her first major role in 2009 when she featured on the BBC2 drama Moses together with Shaun Parkes.
Since then, there have been numerous Wunmi Mosaku movies and TV shows where she has played different roles. Here is the breakdown of her career in the film industry.
Wunmi Mosaku TV shows
- 2007 - Sold as Firefighter
- 2008 - Never Better as Server
- 2008 - Doctors as Nurse Kelly Strathairn
- 2008 - The Bill as Sophie Oduya
- 2009 - Moses Jones as Joy
- 2010 - Silent Witness as Charlie Gibbs
- 2010 - One Night in Emergency as Beautiful Nurse
- 2010 - Father and Son as Stacey Cox
- 2010 - Law and Order: UK as Tanika Vincent
- 2011- Vera as Holly Lawson
- 2011 - 32 Brinkbum Street as Joy
- 2011 - The Body Farm as Rose Gilbert
- 2011- Jo as Angelique Alassane
- 2013 - Dancing on the Edge as Carla
- 2013 -Truckers
- 2014 - In the Flesh as Maxine Martin
- 2015 - Don’t Take My Baby as Belinda
- 2015 - Capital as Quentina
- 2016 - Black Mirror as Katie
- 2016 - Damilola, Our Loved Boy as Gloria Taylor
- 2017 - Fearless as DCS Olivia Greenwood
- 2017 - The End of the F*cking World as DC Teri Darego
- 2018 - Kiri as DI Vanessa Mercer
- 2019 - Luther as DS Catherine Halliday
- 2019 - Animal Babies: First Year on Earth as Narrator
- 2019 - Temple as Mercy King
- 2020 - Lovecraft Country
- 2021 - Loki (postproduction)
- 2006 -The Women of Troy as Helen of Troy
- 2010 - Honeymooner as Seema
- 2010 - I Am Slave as Malia
- 2011 - Citadel as Marie
- 2013 - Philomena as a Young nun
- 2016 - Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice as Kahina Ziri
- 2016 - Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them as Beryl
- 2018 - Leading Lady Parts as Herself
- 2019 - Sweetness in the Belly as Amina
- 2020 - His House
Wunmi is one of the actresses in the 2020 HBO series, Lovecraft Country. She plays the role of Ruby, a girl who faces racism, inequality, injustice, patriarchy, and colourism.
Ruby has starred in all the 10 episodes of the web series as follows:
- Full Circle
- Rewind 1921
- I Am
- Meet Me in Daegu
- Strange Case
- A History of Violence
- Holy Ghost
- Whitney’s on the Moon
Awards and nominations
Wunmi's talent and hard work have not gone unnoticed as she has taken home a few awards and some nominations. Here is the full list of awards and nominations:
- 2017 - BAFTA Awards under the Best Supporting Actress category in the Damilola, Our Loved Boy movie (winner)
- 2017 - Screen Nation Awards under the Female Performance in TV category in the Damilola, Our Loved Boy movie (nominee)
- 2017 - Sydney Indie Film Festival under the Best Female Supporting Actress category in Some Sweet Oblivious Antidote (nominee)
- 2018 - Royal Television Society, UK under the Best Actress category in the Damilola, Our Loved Boy movie (nominee)
Wunmi Mosaku husband
Wunmi prefers to keep her personal life away from the public eye. She has not offered any information about her husband or marital status. We can only speculate that she is busy growing her career.
A look at some of Wunmi Mosaku hot photos shows a confident lady. She is attractive in every outfit she chooses to wear.
Mosaku stands at a height of 5 feet and 8 inches. She has black eyes with short black hair.
The star has amassed a huge fortune from her career. As of 2020, Wunmi Mosaku net worth is roughly $70 million.
Wunmi Mosaku is an embodiment of hard work and exceptional talent. She is an inspiration to many young girls who would want to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Legit.ng recently covered the story of Indian cricketer Virat Kohli. The Indian cricketer is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. A right-handed top-order batsman, Kohli shot to fame after leading India to glory in the Under-19 World Cup at Kuala Lumpur in early 2008.
Kohli's biography proves just how talented the man is. Kohli is considered one of the best batsmen in the world, and rightfully so.