- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is certainly not a happy man after Man United suffered one of their heaviest defeats in recent seasons in the hands of Spurs
- A brace each from Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane inspired Tottenham to a 6-1 victory
- Man United have had a difficult start to the new season, picking just a single win so far
- The Red Devils will face Newcastle in their next league match after the international break
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he is to blame for Man United's embarrassing 6-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, October 4.
United were looking to build on their previous 3-2 unconvincing win over Brighton when they took on a Spurs side who are currently in fine shape.
The Old Trafford dwellers got things off a flying start inside a minute of game play, with Bruno Fernandes netting the opener from the penalty spot.
But Tanguy Ndombele restored parity soon after before Son Heung-Min making it 2-1 in the seventh minute.
Things went from bad to worse for United after Anthony Martial was red-carded in the 28th minute after he was involved in a melee with Erik Lamela.
A Harry Kane brace, Heung-Min's second goal before half-time and Serge Aurier's 51st strike completed Spurs' rout as United suffered one of their worst defeats in history.
Speaking after the match, Solskjaer took responsibility for the poor result, saying he was to blame.
However, the Norwegian pointed out the outrageous red-card proved costly for his side, but was quick to insist there is no room for excuse and "individual mistakes, errors and performance."
"It is embarrassing, I hold my hand up, it is my fault. It is not Manchester United. We have been beaten 6-1 at home by a very good side but we have contributed a lot to our own downfall," he told BBC Sport.
"After 2-1 we were still in the game. After the red card everything went wrong," he added.
Man United will be looking to make amends when they take on Newcastle in their next league match on Saturday, October 17.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Ousmane Dembele could complete a deadline day move to Manchester United from Barcelona this window.
The 23-year-old Frenchman appears to have agreed personal terms with the Red Devils having fallen down the pecking order at the Nou Camp.
He has made just one appearance under Ronald Koeman so far this campaign.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV