- Transfer deadline day is expected to see some clubs making last minute signings
- At least ten players are expected to complete deals away from their present club
- The likes of Cavani and Telles are expected to be unveiled at Manchester United
At least ten players are expected to complete respective deals on Monday, October 5 as the transfer deadline is just hours away closing at midnight and there would be no more signings until January.
Former PSG star Edinson Cavani is expected to be unveiled at Manchester United after the Uruguayan agreed a two-year deal with the club on Saturday, October 3.
United began negotiations with the former Napoli striker after the club decided that Borussia Dortmund's £108million asking price for Jadon Sancho is too much.
It is also understood that the Premier League club may also announce the signing of FC Porto defender Alex Telles before the window shuts, while the Red Devils continue to make last minute effort to land Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele to the club.
Reports say the Frenchman is interested in joining the Red Devils and if the deal pulls through, it could force the Catalan club to then sign Memphis Depay's from Ligue 1 side Olympique Lyon, as earlier reports had it that Dutch winger as already reached an agreement over personal terms.
Meanwhile, Juventus manager Andrea Pirlo is working closely to bringing in Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina, a deal that could potentially open way for Douglas Costa to return to Bayern Munich.
10 transfers expected to be completed on deadline day
1. Memphis Depay (Olympique Lyon) to FC Barcelona
2. Chris Smalling (Manchester United) to Roma
3. Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina) to Juventus
4. Douglas Costa (Juventus) to Bayern Munich
5. Nikola Kalinic (Atletico Madrid) to Hellas Verona
6. Eric Garcia (Manchester City) to FC Barcelona
7. Raphinha (Stade Rennes) to Leeds United
8. Edinson Cavani (free agent) to Manchester United
9. Alex Telles (FC Porto) to Manchester United
10. Ousmane Dembele (FC Barcelona) to Manchester United
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Wayne Rooney wants Manchester United to forget about Jadon Sancho and make Hatty Kane their top target.
The Red Devils have been disappointed more than twice after Borussia Dortmund turned their offer for the 20-year-old.
They insist they won't entertain any offer below their £108 million valuation for the forward who joined them from Man City three years back.
Rooney believes spending £100 million to sign Kane will be more justifiable is quite better than the proposed plan for the youngster.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV