- Ronald Koeman has so far completed the signing of Sergino Dest at Barcelona
- The manager is interested in bringing-in another player before summer transfer window closes
- Koeman says Barcelona are working on signing Manchester City’s Eric Garcia
Ronald Koeman has disclosed that he will do everything within his might to sign Manchester City’s Eric Garcia before end of the transfer window, Marca reports,
The Dutchman who replaced sacked Quique Setien has only signed Sergino Dest to the La Liga club since his arrival, and now he is desperate in signing another player.
According to the tactician, the Catalan club is working tirelessly in bringing the 19-year-old Spanish defender to the Camp Nou ahead of the October 5 date that the summer transfer window closes.
"The window is open until Monday and we want to have this player (Eric Garcia) because right now we have three or four centre-backs and are a bit light in that position," he said, as quoted by Marca.
"I've seen what Pep Guardiola has said at Manchester City and hopefully we can bring him in.
“We know that economically it's a bit complicated. We're interested, but I don't know if we'll get him."
Also, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola admitted that the player also wants to return to the Spanish club having moved via the club’s academy.
He said: “I don't know exactly what will happen. I know that he wants to go back to living in Barcelona, I know that Barca want him, but I don't think the clubs have an agreement.
“That's what I know for now, we don't know what will happen."
However, Sergino Dest has completed a five-year move to Barcelona from Ajax in a deal valued around £23.5 million days before the transfer window shuts.
Barca were said to have signed the defender for an initial fee of about £19m, however, it is expected to rise by a further £4.5m depending on variables as reported by Daily Mail and ESPN.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Ronald Koeman has denied that he personally sent Luis Suarez packing from Barcelona after the Uruguayan star dumped the club to sign a two-year contract with rivals Atletico Madrid.
Despite Suarez scoring at least 20 goals for the club in each of his six seasons since his arrival, the former Liverpool striker had his contract terminated at the Catalan club.
The manager insists there were decisions made before he had arrived but could only offer Suarez a bit-part role: “It seems that I have been the villain of this film,” the Dutchman told a press conference.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV