- Ruben Dias has signed a long term contract with Manchester City until 2025
- The 23-year-old defender put pen to paper on a six-year contract
- He says it is a fantastic opportunity for him to play at such a Premier League club
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Ruben Dias has been unveiled at Premier League club Manchester City after the defender signed for the club from Benfica in a deal worth £65million, while Nicolas Otamendi switched the other way.
With the transfer window closing on Monday, October 5, City have so far completed three signings including Ferran Torres and Nathan Ake.
Reports say the deal for Dias is around an initial £62million, with a further £3million subject to add-ons as he signs a six-year deal and had been handed the no.3 shirt.
"To have the opportunity to join a club like Manchester City is a fantastic opportunity for me and one I couldn't turn down," Dias told the club's website.
"I believe I can improve here, at a club whose ambitions match my own and I will give everything to be successful and win titles."
Guardiola had been seeking a right-sided centre-back since Vincent Kompany left in 2019.
Since the departure of Kompany, City have missed some quality defending and they could solve that problem this window.
Apart from Dias, the Spanish-born tactician Pep Guardiola is also eyeing a move for Kalidou Koulibaly of Napoli, Sevilla's Jules Kounde, and Jose Gimenez at Atletico.
But the club has suspended their interest in Koulibaly and Gimenez due to the outrageous price slapped on them by their respective clubs.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Ousmane Dembele showed up late for Barcelona training barely 24 hours after kicking off their La Liga campaign on an impressive note.
The Frenchman's attitude has continued to spark up suggestions that he could be on his way to Manchester United before the transfer window closes.
Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping he can lure the player to Old Trafford before the transfer window shuts on October 5.
Dembele's reign at Camp Nou has been seriously marred by a series of injuries, and Barcelona are prepared to let him go in the near future.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV