Man recovers all 3 months after his house got burnt, shares story

Man recovers all 3 months after his house got burnt, shares story

- Yinka Ogunnubi, a Nigerian, has shared a story that shows the importance of people's support in one's life

- The man said after his house got burnt, his friends made sure he was well-taken care of as they gave him things he needed

- Three months after the incident, with their help and God, he moved into a better-looking house

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

A Nigerian man, Yinka Ogunnubi, has reflected on how he bounced back from a big fire challenge he had on Friday, September 27, 2019.

He said that if not for the quick intervention of his neighbours, everything in his house would have burnt to the ground.

In his absence, they were able to help him salvage whatever they could while trying to put out the fire. He said though the damage that happened was in millions, it was more to him psychologically.

Read also

BBNaija: Car dealer Chidi Mike apologizes for unguarded utterances at Erica and her team

During his travail, friends formed a strong community of support around him as they got him basic needs. The cause of the fire was later traced to an exploded battery in his home solar system.

Life, however, turned around for good for him three months after as he moved into a better-furnished apartment. He said that God and people really came through for him.

Yinka said one lesson he learnt was that “if you invest in people, people will invest in you.” In a long thread of tweets, the man appreciated everyone that made sure everything was well with him.

He ended his tweets by saying that even worse things happen to people many think are doing well, adding that what may just be different could be that they do not go around with long faces.

A collage showing the man. 
Photo source: Twitter/Yinka Ogunnubi
A collage showing the man. Photo source: Twitter/Yinka Ogunnubi
Source: UGC

See his thread below:

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Read also

Reactions as company gives over N58k to lady who didn't get job for interview effort

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that a Nigerian man was left heartbroken after his house went up in flames and his savings got burnt.

The man identified as Kelly Mark took to Facebook on Tuesday, April 21, to share his predicament.

He posted on Facebook:

"Please guys this is what happened to me this afternoon, I have been saving this cash for some time now. Only to be called dat my house is on fire.
"I ran down and after putting off the fire my saving box was burnt, after opening it I found the money inside like this. Inside this Covid 19 wahala.. am confuse of what to do."

Slum Chronicles: We pay 5k for houses without toilets, bathroom | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel