18 died in attack on Zulum’s convoy, Nigerian military says

18 died in attack on Zulum’s convoy, Nigerian military says

- Nigeria military has disclosed the actual number of people killed in an attack on Zulum's convoy

- According to the military, only 18 people were killed and not 30

- It added that the casualties recorded were as a result of the explosion from the multiple IEDs planted on the road by the criminals

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Following the satanic attack on the convoy of Borno state governor, Babagana Zulum by the terrorists Boko Haram group, the Armed Forces of Nigeria has claimed that only 18 and not 30 persons died in the ambush.

This was disclosed in a statement by coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche.

According to him, only 10 policemen, four soldiers and four civilians were killed in the ambush at Barwati village.

He said the victims were killed by explosion from the multiple Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted on the road by the terrorists.

Less than 48 hours after attack by Boko Haram, Nigerian governor again escapes another ambush
“The convoy of the Borno State Civilians Relocation Committee comprising Armed Forces of Nigeria, Nigeria Police Force and Civilian Joint Task Force was ambushed by members of the BHT/ISWAP at Barwati village on 25 of September 2020.
“The attack/ambush was however successfully repelled by the gallant troops. Sadly, a total of 18 lives including 4 soldiers, 10 Policemen and 4 civilians were lost during the sad incident”.
“Troops on hot pursuit of the insurgents successfully recovered 3 vehicles. Two of the vehicles belonging to the Nigeria Police that were earlier carted away by the terrorists during the attack. Similarly, one BHT gun truck was also captured.
“The casualties recorded were as a result of the explosion from the multiple Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted on the road by the terrorists.
“The Nigerian Army has since deployed bomb and IED disposal teams to ensure effective route scanning and clearance to forestall future occurrence.”
13 Boko Haram terrorists, 23 family members surrender in Borno, says Defence HQ
18 died in attack on Zulum’s convoy, Nigerian military says

Nigeria military has disclosed the actual number of people killed in an attack on Zulum's convoy. Credit: Sahara Reporters
Source: Twitter

Recall that Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Zulum was attacked again by terrorists near the town of Baga in Borno.

It was reported that Zulum escaped death after his convoy was ambushed on Friday, September 25, by Jihadist insurgents loyal to the IS-affiliated Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) group.

The militants opened fire at the convoy closed to the headquarters of the Multinational Joint Task Force consisting of troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

Legit.ng had also reported that following the attack on the convoy of Governor Babagan Zulum of Borno state, President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted and issued a stern warning to the insurgents.

Legit.ng reports that the president on Saturday, September 26, condemned the attack which led to the death of security men and some operatives of a civilian joint task force.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Buhari reacts over attack on Zulum's convoy, reveals what security agencies must do

Source: Legit

Online view pixel