Nelson Semedo: Barcelona star confirms exit from Spanish club ahead PL switch

Nelson Semedo: Barcelona star confirms exit from Spanish club ahead PL switch

- Nelson Semedo joined Barcelona from Portuguese club Benfica in 2017

- The defender featured in 82 La Liga games in three seasons scoring 2 goals

- He has announced his departure from the club as he expected to join Premier League club Wolves

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Nelson Semedo has confirmed that he has left Barcelona in an emotional farewell message on social media as the right-back is linked with Premier League outfit Wolves.

This is coming barely 24 hours that midfielder Arturo Vidal left the club to officially join Italian giants Inter Milan as the massive exodus with the Blaugrana continues.

Semedo confirmed his exit while thanking the Catalan club for giving him the opportunity to play at the prestigious Camp Nou and to learn as well.

"Many thanks Barcelona for giving me the opportunity to live the dream of wearing this shirt, to play in the Camp Nou, to learn and enjoy the best in the world," he wrote, as translated from Spanish into English and cited in Soccer Laduma.

Read also

Just in: Emotions as Super Eagles star leaves Italia Serie A club to join top English club

"Thank you for making me grow up as a player and as a person. It was three wonderful years I'll never forget.
"Thank my colleagues, staff, friends and all the people who helped me from the moment I arrived to this day.

Reports say Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers is expected to seal a move for the 26 year old by Wednesday, September 23, in a deal estimated to be worth €35million.

Nelson Semedo: Barcelona star confirms exit from Spanish club ahead PL switch
Nelson Semedo officially leaves Barcelona. Photo Credit: Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Also, Arturo Vidal dumped Spanish club Barcelona and has officially sealed his deal to Italian club Inter Milan.

The Chilean has signed his two-year contract with Inter, including an option for a third, after arriving from Barcelona for free.

It was gathered that his former club Barcelona and Inter Milan reached an agreement for the transfer of the player and the Italian team will pay the Spanish 1 million euros in variables.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Italian police have launched an investigation into the cheating allegations levied against out-of-favour Barcelona star, Luis Suarez.

Read also

Panic at Stamford Bridge as important Chelsea player preparing to join Inter Milan

The 33-year-old was said to have flown to Perugia in a bid to take the country's citizenship examination last week ahead of his proposed move to Juventus from the La Liga side.

Though he has one year left on his current deal with the Catalans, the Uruguayan decided to shot for a new club after he was told by Ronaldo Koeman his services will no longer be needed.

How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel