- Luis Suarez may have landed himself in a fresh crisis with the Italian police
- The 33-year-old was said to have cheated while taking an Italian citizenship test last week
- Suarez's move to Juventus may have fallen apart but Atletico Madrid might come for him instead
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Italian police have launched an investigation into the cheating allegations levied against out-of-favour Barcelona star, Luis Suarez.
The 33-year-old was said to have flown to Perugia in a bid to take the country's citizenship examination last week ahead of his proposed move to Juventus from the La Liga side.
Though he has one year left on his current deal with the Catalans, the Uruguayan decided to shot for a new club after he was told by Ronaldo Koeman his services will no longer be needed.
Sky Sports revealed that the move was necessary because the Old Lady had no more space for a non-EU player and Suarez would have needed to have acquired Italian citizenship before joining Juve.
Reports claim that the former Liverpool goal poacher had knowledge of the contents of the exams before attempting it, adding that his score was pre-assigned.
A statement from the Perugia public prosecutor's office said:
"Some irregularities have emerged in the exam of certification of Italian, sat on September 17 by Uruguayan football player Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz, needed to obtain Italian citizenship.
"From the investigation, it emerged that the topics in the exam had been agreed in advance with the applicant and that the relative mark had been attributed even before carrying out the exam, regardless of the fact that an elementary proficiency of the Italian language had been verified during remote classes carried out by lecturers of the University for Foreigners.
"Today, the Italian financial police are moving forward to capture the documents at the university offices, to verify the actions described beforehand and notify the information assurances for the crimes of the revelation of professional secrecy, false representation committed by public officials in official documents and other."
Suarez's move to the Allianz Stadium may have fallen apart with the Serie A champions aiming to re-sign Alvaro Morata from Atletico Madrid.
Los Rojiblancos are said to be making plans to sign Suarez as a replacement for Morata if the Spaniard eventually returns to Juventus.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Luis Suarez has accepted to join Atletico Madrid after Barcelona terminated his contract as he can now join their rivals as a free agent, according to Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano.
It was gathered that the Uruguayan has already accepted by days to join Atlético Madrid as he now officially parts ways with Barça to move on as a free agent.
The Uruguayan is reportedly furious with the Barcelona new manager Ronald Koeman over his brutal sixty-second phone call to end his career at the Catalan club.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV