- Two officials of FRSC have been killed in Nasarawa state
- 10 other officials were also kidnapped by the suspected gunmen
- The incident happened on Monday, September 14, at Udege junction, along Mararaban-Udege between Adoka area of the state
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
No fewer than two officials of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) have been killed during a highway attack in Nasarawa state.
The Nation reports that two were confirmed dead while 10 others were kidnapped after gunmen attacked two buses conveying 26 officials in Nasarawa state.
Legit.ng gathered that the convoy which was headed for the FRSC Academy in Udi, was said to have come under attack around 8 am at Udege junction, along Mararaban-Udege between Adoka, Nasarawa state.
According to the report, those missing were alleged to have been kidnapped by the gunmen suspected to be bandits.
A statement by FRSC corps public education officer, Assistant Corps Marshal Bisi Kazeem, the officials were drawn from Sokoto and Kebbi states commands and were travelling in two buses.
Kazeem said one of the officials was reported to have died during the attack while another passed on at the hospital.
“Four others were injured, eight escaped unhurt and 10 unaccounted for as they were allegedly kidnapped by the assailants.
“The Corps Marshal, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, has immediately reported the incident to relevant authorities for prompt rescue of the kidnapped staff while investigations to ensure that the assailants are brought to book is ongoing.
“The Corps Marshal has called on all staff of the commission not to be deterred by this unfortunate incident. He assured that the commission will work closely with relevant security agencies to ensure that the criminal elements are brought to book and justice served while the missing personnel are found,” said Kazeem.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Katsina state governor, Aminu Masari, said attacks by bandits in the state should be blamed on the security chiefs and not on President Muhammadu Buhari.
It was reported that the governor said the Nigerian president has done all it takes to ensure security in the northern region.
Masari made the statement on Saturday, August 15, during an economic empowerment event in Rimi local government area of the state.
The governor said he doesn’t understand why the security chiefs, who are mostly northerners, have failed to provide security for the region.
Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry | - on Legit TV