Gana: Late Benue militant handed over to second-in-command before his death

Gana: Late Benue militant handed over to second-in-command before his death

- Late Benue militant leader, Gana, was tired of fighting and was ready to exit the bush with his gang if the amnesty was genuine, a gang member claims

- The militant claimed Gana had turned a new leaf, given his life to Christ and was ready to be baptized

- Major said Gana foresaw his death and gave them instructions on what to do if he was killed

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see News on your Facebook News Feed!

A militant leader in Benue state, Terwase Akwaza, popularly called Gana, who was killed by the Nigerian military days ago reportedly handed over to his lieutenant before he died.

The Nation reports on Saturday, September 12 that a top-placed member of the dreaded militia group confirmed that Gana put his second-in-command in charge.

According to the militant simply identified as Major, Gana foresaw his death and made preparations in the case of his demise.

Read also

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

“He (Gana) told us that he was coming out from the bush to honour the Bishop of Gboko, Bishop William Aveyam and Senator Gabriel Suswam.

"He said that these two respected personalities have been mounting pressure on him in the last three months to come out and embrace peace and that he has made up his mind to embrace peace,” Major, who spoke in Tiv language, said.

Late Benue militant Gana handed over to second-in-command before death
Gana is reported to have foreseen his death and given instructions to his gang. Photo credit: Sahara Reporters
Source: UGC

The militant said Gana, who was tired of fighting and had given his life to Christ, told them to lay down their weapons and exit the bush if the Benue state government's amnesty was not a setup.

He added: “On that very day, he (Gana) assembled us in the morning in the bush and addressed us. He directed us on what to do if he did not return alive.

"He told us that if his coming out is set up, the battle should continue but if it is with genuine intentions, he will want us to lay down our arms.”

Read also

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello reported how the notorious militia leader was killed by the operatives of the Nigerian military.

Gana met his Waterloo on Tuesday, September 8, three years after Governor Samuel Ortom-led government placed a-N10 million bounty on information that could lead to the capture of the notorious militia gang leader.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Brigadier-General Maude Ali Gadzama, commander of the Four Special Forces Command of the Nigerian Army in Doma local government area of Nasarawa state, confirmed Gana's death.

Insecurity: Nigerians thought militancy was a Niger Delta problem | Legit TV


Online view pixel