- Eminem's home was invaded recently and it has been revealed that the intruder wanted to harm the Stan hitmaker
- A police officer who testified at the preliminary examination said Matthew David Hughes told Eminem that he wanted to kill him
- Eminem's fans want the rapper to beef up his security to deter other home invaders like Matthew
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The man who invaded Eminem's Michigan home back in April this year wanted to harm him, it has emerged in court. Matthew David Hughes, 27, appeared in the Macomb County District Court on Wednesday, September 9, for a preliminary examination.
According to media reports, police officer Adam Hackstock testified during the preliminary hearing that when the rapper confronted the attacker, Hughes told him that he was there to kill him.
Hughes has been in police custody since the break-in in April. The invader had been unarmed when he gained entry through a window he broke with a brick, according to FreshHipHopMag.
He faces charges of first-degree home invasion and malicious destruction of property. XXL reports that Hughes is scheduled to be arraigned on September 28 in Macomb County Circuit Court in Michigan.
Since the news broke that the home invader wanted to end the rapper's life, his fans have taken to social media to share their reactions to the news. Check out some of their comments below:
@barbmercy wrote: "OMG don't kill the king of rap."
@TheSickMonsters commented: "He actually wasn’t wearing a mask when he broke in. They gave him that when he got arrested. So he really is that evil."
@FBhagwansingh said: "Imagine if Eminem had been murdered bro. It would be official that 2020 was the worst year."
@najdmathers wrote: "Eminem must be protected at all costs, bring him to my home I'll keep him safe."
@Shadysense1995 added: "Seems like low level charges, he admitted he was trying to kill Em, shouldn't it be attempted murder?"
In other news, Legit.ng previously reported that Megan Thee Stallion took to social media to confirm that rapper Tory Lanez shot her in July. The Savage hitmaker said there were only four people in the car they were travelling in when the incident happened.
Hot Girl Meg expressed on Instagram Live that she was trying to walk away from the car when Tory allegedly started shooting. She denied that she was cut by glass on her legs.
"Yes this n*gga Tory shot me, you shot me. You got your publicists going to these blogs and lying. I tried to keep the situation off the internet but you're dragging me. Stop lying. Why lie? I don't understand."
The US rapper said, at the time, she decided to get out of the car because they were five minutes away from the house she was going to.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
XXXTentacion is dead: What Really Happened To The Young Rapper | Legit TV