- Pep Guardiola believes Kevin De Bruyne is currently the best midfielder in the world
- The Man City superstar was named the PFA Player of the year for the past season
- The Belgium international racked up a Premier League record-equalling 20 assists
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Pep Guardiola has claimed that Man City star Kevin De Bruyne is currently the best midfielder in the world.
The 29-year-old was named PFA Player of the Year for the 2019-20 Premier League season which saw him equal Cesc Fabregas' record of 20 assists.
But despite not helping the Citizens land the Premier League title, FA Cup and the Champions League this season Guardiola still believes no midfielder presently compares to the Belgian.
"He is a masterclass player, one of the best players I have ever trained in my life," said Guardiola in a new documentary about De Bruyne's career, 'Made in Belgium' by City TV.
Ronaldo Delima tops list of highest goalscorers at 21 for club and country (see where Messi and Ronaldo are)
"Right now, he is the best. Right now, in the midfield position, he is the best."
De Bruyne has won two Premier League titles and four other domestic trophies since the arrival of Guardiola at the Etihad in 2016.
And former City captain Vincent Kompany believes the Spanish boss renowned for his high-intensity, fluid style of play, has been the perfect manager for his former teammate.
Kompany, said: "I think to get the best out of Kevin you need to play in a certain way.
"Coming to City and Kevin meeting Pep, the paths that crossed were a perfect blend for him. I don't think he'd have got the most out of his career unless he worked with Pep."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Manchester City superstar Kevin de Bruyne has emerged winner of the 2020 Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.
The Belgian star beat stiff competition from Liverpool's Sadio Mane, Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold to win the prestigious prize.
He has now become the first City star to win the award, while Chelsea's Bethany England takes home the women's category of the award.
Legit.ng also reported that Lionel Messi's move to Barcelona is now a thing of the past, but according to a leaked document, Man City were willing to pay £181 million over 12 months for the Argentine.
According to Swiss magazine L'Illustre, the former Premier League champions were willing to break the bank for the 33-year-old by splitting the payments into two of £90.5m each.
City's Director of Football Txiki Begiristain allegedly proposed to make the payments on August 26, and complete the other half in August 2021.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV