Aurelio De Laurentiis: Napoli president tests positive for coronavirus days before league resumption

Aurelio De Laurentiis: Napoli president tests positive for coronavirus days before league resumption

- Aurelio De Laurentiis has tested positive for COVID-19

- The Italian football administrator was said to have attended a meeting where he failed to mask-up for the prevention of the virus

- Victor Osimhen joined the Partenopei this summer in a deal around £74m

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has joined the list of football administrators who have contracted the deadly coronavirus.

The 71-year-old Italian was said to have attended a meeting with the other Serie A club representatives as the start of the new season draws closer.

De Laurentiis, alongside everyone who attended the meeting have now been urged to take COVID-19 tests while they go into isolation.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

Daily Mail reports that an unknown individual who was already diagnosed with the virus appeared to have infected the other participants.

Aurelio De Laurentiis: Napoli chief tests positive for coronavirus days before league resumption

Aurelio De Laurentiis during a media briefing ahead of the coming season. Photo Credit: Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Italian news outlet La Repubblica claims the 71-year-old showed symptoms of the infection for a few days before deciding to undergo a test, but attended the meeting before getting his results back. The same report alleged that he was not wearing his mask properly.

It has now been confirmed that the football administrator failed to wear a mask in a meeting where club chiefs met for the first time in person after several months of virtual proceedings.

Meanwhile, the news will come as a shock for Napoli with the new Serie A season set for kick-off next weekend.

In other news, Napoli offloaded their midfielder, Allan, to Everton in a deal valued around £25m this summer with Nigeria's Victor Osimhen joining them for £74m as their only addition so far.

Former Real Madrid star reveals how Mourinho almost 'killed' Ronaldo despite scoring a hat-trick

A brief statement on Napoli's official website read: "SSC Napoli announces that President Aurelio De Laurentiis tested positive for Covid-19 following the swab carried out yesterday."

Legit.ng earlier reported that Premier League champions Liverpool have recorded their first coronavirus case ahead of their pre-season training camp.

The Merseyside outfit is currently in Austria in a bid to get their preparation for the 2020-21 season off to a good start.

They, however, suffered a major setback on Tuesday, August 18, after one of the members of staff tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.

How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel