- Eden Hazard is on the same level as Barcelona legend Lionel Messi according to Eto'o
- The Cameroon legend said this while answering questions based on the two La Liga stars
- Eto'o also added that he is excited the Argentine will be staying back at Barcelona despite the issues between the two parties
Cameroon legend Samuel Eto'o is confident that Barcelona will reclaim the La Liga title at the end of the 2020-21 season.
The Catalans have been rocked with several lows in recent times - most recently, their back-and-forth with their captain Lionel Messi who submitted a notice to leave the club this summer.
While the issue appears to have been resolved temporarily, the former Barca striker believes the Camp Nou outfit will bounce back from their failures in last term.
The Blaugrana lost the Spanish league title to rivals Real Madrid, while they crashed out of the Champions League in an embarrassing manner after their 8-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich.
“Barcelona is going to be the next league champion, but I want Mallorca, the team of my heart, to return to the top tier,” said Eto’o, who played for Mallorca from 2000 to 2004, regarding his desires next season.
While answering questions on his former teammate Messi, Eto'o expressed delight that the Argentine decided to remain at the club.
However, he insisted that the club needs to attract more players who understand the philosophy of their playing style.
“Messi is like my son. He has stayed and so I'm happy. But the heart of this team needs more Barcelona-style players, players who are tiki-taka, not box to box," said Eto'o.
Eto'o, who spent some time at Chelsea believes Real Madrid star, Eden Hazard, "is on the same level as Messi”, and he would like “to see a great (Sergio) Busquets at his best level again."
"When he is, Barcelona always win titles," he added.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Messi joined his Barcelona teammates in training on Monday, September 7, for the first time since his whole transfer saga which lasted more than three weeks.
The 33-year-old had last month tendered his transfer request at the club as he hoped to leave, amid reports that he already agreed personal terms with Premier League club Manchester City.
But the six-time Ballon d'Or winner made a U-turn on his Barcelona future as he intends to see out his current contract which expires in June 2021.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV