- FG has given fresh updates on the proposed 774,000 jobs for the Nigerian youths
- Nasir Ladan, the director-general of NDE, said the registration would end on September 21
- The programme is designed to employ 1,000 persons in each of the 774 local government areas of the country
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The registration for the 774,000 special public works programme would end on September 21, the federal government has declared.
The Nation reports that the government through the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), urged Nigerians who are interested in participating in the programme to get in touch with the selection committees in their states.
Legit.ng gathered that the director-general of NDE, Nasir Ladan, made the announcement on Monday, September 7, via an advertorial.
According to the report, the programme is designed to employ 1,000 persons in each of the 774 local government areas of the country.
Ladan said that successful applicants would be paid N20,000 per month for three months via their Bank Verification Number (BVN).
He said the programme would gulp N52 billion for payment of the participants and implementation of the programme.
The government said prospective participants must be Nigerians of 18 years and above; must be physically fit or with no partial disability; and must be indigenes or residents within the local government areas of participation.
“The registration is free and open to all Nigerians that meet the criteria – from September 7 to 21, 2020," he said.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the federal government disclosed that successful applicants recruited in the 774,000 jobs scheme would be paid through their bank accounts using their Bank Verification Numbers.
It was reported that the minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, told the press at a briefing on Thursday, September 3, that the biometrics of successful applicants would be captured by the banks during the process.
In another report, the federal government assured Nigerians that transparency would guide the selection process for the N-Power Batch C enrolment. 7
It was reported that Hajia Sadiya Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, gave the assurance on Thursday, September 3, in Abuja at the interactive forum with state focal persons for the social Investment programmes.
N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up - on Legit TV