Eletu Odibo decries fake news against family

Eletu Odibo decries fake news against family

- A renowned royal family in Lagos has decried the volume of fake news targeted at them

- The Royal Eletu Odibo Family of Lagos, says the reports are aimed at tarnishing their image

- Scion of the Royal Eletu Odibo clan, Prince Waheed Eletu Odibo issued a statement on behalf of the family

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Renowned scion of the Royal Eletu Odibo Family of Lagos, Prince Waheed Eletu Odibo, has stated that he has not been declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

In a statement issued at the weekend, Prince Eletu Odibo wrote: “My attention has been drawn to reports that I was declared wanted by a Lagos Special Offences Court, Ikeja. This allegation is untrue and the reports are fake news.

“The allegations as being reported on the internet and social media are untrue.”

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons
Eletu Odibo decries fake news against family

Prince Eletu Odibo said the EFCC did not invite him or any member of his family. Photo credit: @officialEFCC
Source: UGC

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Prince Eletu Odibo cautioned the public to ignore such reports, saying “they are fake news being spread by my enemies with a view to tarnishing my image and that of the Royal Eletu Odibo family.

He also stated that reports of a businessman owning 250,000 hectares of land on Eletu Royal family land is untrue.

Similarly, business mogul, Mr Yemi Idowu, has refuted an online report claiming that he has been declared wanted by the EFCC.

The report alleged that 250,000 hectares of land in Lekki, Lagos belonging to the said businessman was converted by Mr Idowu and Chief Waheed Eletu Odibo.

But in a swift reaction, Mr Idowu said: “I found out that some people were trying to tarnish my image online.

“I have never been invited to court by the EFCC or any other law enforcement agent and I was never arrested by them. I am perfectly safe and sound. It is fake news whose purveyors I am determined to take legal action against.

Celebrities weigh in on the South African xenophobia madness

“I thank my family members and friends for their concern over this malicious fake news. Kindly ignore the fake news. Thank you all for your concerns.”

Legit.ng previously reported that the EFCC announced the arrest of 13 people suspected to internet fraudsters popularly known as "Yahoo boys."

EFCC made this disclosure on Friday, September 4, through its Twitter page, saying the suspected fraudsters were nabbed in Lagos state.

The commission further revealed that the fraudsters were arrested following intelligence report around the Alagbado axis of the southwest state.

It gave the names of the fraudster as Olowosoke Temidire; Oladoyin Tolulope; Adeyemi Toyese Jubril; Agbeluyi Olusola; Olayinka Azeez; Abdullahi Olalekan.

Others are Gbenga Ade; Nwokeso Innocent; Obodoukwu Godstime; Mba Emmanuel; Oluwadare Ibisiola, Damilola Ogunsemire and Christopher Ubong.

Bribery allegation: Shehu Sani was set up - lawyer | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel