Breaking: Makinde finally cancels COVID-19 curfew in Oyo

Breaking: Makinde finally cancels COVID-19 curfew in Oyo

- Oyo state government has ended curfew imposed on the people of the state to contain the spread of COVID-19

- Taiwo Adisa, the chief press secretary to Governor Makinde, made this known on Thursday, September 3

- The government, however, advised the residents to adhere strictly to COVID-19 guidelines

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

In what seems like a big relief for the people of Oyo state, Governor Seyi Makinde has announced the cancellation of the 10 pm curfew imposed on the state to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Legit.ng's reporter in Ibadan, Ridwan Kolawole, reports that the new development was announced in a statement issued on Thursday, September 3, by Taiwo Adisa, the chief press secretary to Governor Makinde.

The statement stated that the curfew was abolished after a series of reviews of the situation.

Coronavirus: Engaging activities you can do to avoid boredom following the stay at home order

“The curfew was abolished after a series of reviews of the situation,” Adisa said.

Breaking: Makinde finally cancels COVID-19 curfew in Oyo

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state. Credit: Facebook/Seyi Makinde.
Source: Twitter

The governor advised residents of the state to continue to comply with COVID-19 protocols, saying “the cancellation of the curfew did not mean coronavirus had disappeared completely.”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Nigeria's confirmed COVID-19 cases currently stand at 54,463, according to the latest data from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control ( NCDC) on Wednesday, September 2.

It was reported that more than half of the confirmed cases, 42,439, who recovered, have been discharged from various isolation centres across the country.

The report said that so far, 1,027 people have died from the novel coronavirus disease in the country.

The number of infections recorded daily in the country has significantly dropped as states fail to turn in more samples for testing.

In another report, ahead of the proposed resumption of academic activities in Lagos and some other states of the federation, the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 called for caution among the stakeholders.

Xenophobia: Nigerians are worse than South Africans - Comedian Hyenana reacts to ongoing protest in Nigeria

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and chairman of the PTF, Boss Mustapha, cited how such haste escalated the COVID-19 management situation in some other countries.

Mustapha said it would be in the best interest of Nigeria to stick to the pattern proven effective since the national response was launched.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He noted that the last three weeks had shown a slowdown in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country, noting that, in the last four months of testing, the lowest daily figure of confirmed cases (138) was reported on Sunday, August 30.

SPECIAL REPORT: Analyzing readiness of schools, teachers, parents ahead of resumption | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel