Jorge Messi claims it will be difficult for son to remain at Barcelona

Jorge Messi claims it will be difficult for son to remain at Barcelona

- Jorge Messi is already in Barcelona for a final discussion over imminent exit of his son

- Lionel Messi has dropped his transfer request at the club, but the Catalan club is adamant

- The player's dad, who is also his official football agent, has said that it will difficult to remain with Barcelona

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Jorge Messi who touched down at the El Prat Airport in Barcelona on Wednesday morning, September 2, has disclosed that it will be very difficult for his son to remain with the Blaugrana.

Lionel Messi had, last week, tendered his transfer request at the club in a bid to activate a clause which allows him to leave for free at the end of each season.

Barcelona have been in chaos since Messi made his exit intentions clear as the club claim the clause had expired on June 10, with the La Liga management also backing the board.

Jose Mourinho makes stunning statement about Lampard after win against Wolves

Messi’s dad, who is also the player’s agent is expected to meet with the club chiefs including president Josep Bartomeu later on Wednesday for a resolve of the situation.

"A future at Barcelona? It is difficult. It would be difficult to stay," the 62-year-old agent told El Chiringuito cited in GOAL.

Quizzed on City's interest in the Blaugrana talisman, Jorge responded: "I haven't talked with Pep. There is nothing yet with City."

Jorge Messi claims it will be very difficult for his son to remain at Barcelona

Jorge Messi says his it will be difficult for his son to stay at Barcelona. Photo Credit: Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Meanwhile, Piero Ausilio who is Inter Milan sporting director has rubbished reports linking the Italian club with the signing of Barcelona legend Lionel Messi this summer.

According to the report by Sky Sports, Inter Milan have distanced themselves from the speculation claiming that Messi is not part of their plans.

After his unveiling as the new Barcelona gaffer, Ronald Koeman was reported to have told some players to find new clubs ahead of the coming Spanish La Liga season.

Jubilation at Camp Nou as Barcelona fast-track Messi and Suarez's return to action

Already, Croatia international Ivan Rakitic has left Barcelona and has joined Sevilla who are also campaigning in the La Liga. Messi has been linked with Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Premier League side Manchester City.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Conor Coady is already relishing the possibility of facing legendary Lionel Messi in the Premier League, with the Wolves defender saying he would probably panic.

Earlier reports have it that Messi already agreed a deal worth €700 million (£623 million) with the City Football Group - the same amount as his release clause for a switch to Manchester City.

Already anticipating the arrival of the six-time Ballon d’Or winner in the English topflight, England defender who plays centre-back for Wolves admits being nervous.

"I would probably panic, a lot of panic before the game to try and get my head around playing him," Coady said, cited in GOAL.

The transfer of Alexis Sanchez to Inter Milan: the deal is done

I don’t regret leaving Nigeria, a stadium might be named after me in Benin – Omotoyossi | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel