- Stranded Nigerian ladies numbering 68 have been evacuated from Lebanon amid COVID-19 pandemic
- According to the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, the evacuees arrived Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Sunday, August 16
- The commission says the ladies will go on 14-day self-isolation as mandated by NCDC and PTF on COVID-19
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The federal government has evacuated another 68 Nigerian ladies stranded in Lebanon amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The evacuees arrived Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Sunday, August 16, the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has said.
Legit.ng gathers that the federal government facilitated the ladies' return after a video went viral in which they appealed to be evacuated.
Since the pandemic began, the federal government has been evacuating Nigerians stranded in the Middle East and other parts of the world.
Nigerians abroad have reunited with their families at home as the world battles with the deadly COVID-19 that has killed many people.
The NIDCOM said the evacuees would proceed on 14-day self-isolation as mandated by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.
After the disclosure was made on Twitter, Nigerians took to the comment section to commend the commission for evacuating the ladies from Lebanon.
A Twitter user with the handle @udo20458565 wrote: "Weldone all who did there best to see that all worked well."
Another user with the handle @Kaybee44348040 wrote: "Pls ma @abikedabiri I av a sister who has been stranded in Saudi Arabia for over few months and his boss maltreating."
Below are other reactions:
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that another batch of 13 Nigerian returnees from Canada, Germany and France arrived in the country through Seme Border Post in Lagos state on Thursday, June 11.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the returnees landed in Benin Republic by Air France on Wednesday, June 10.
A Port Health Services (PHS) official in Seme, who craved anonymity, said the returnees comprised of eight males and five females.
According to the official, the returnees had been screened by health officials.
Returnee: The woman who tricked me to Libya for slavery is now Late | Legit TV