Monarch and son abducted as police confirm gunmen strike on Yobe town

Monarch and son abducted as police confirm gunmen strike on Yobe town

- A late-night attack by some gunmen on a community in Yobe state has left residents in confusion

- The gunmen believed to be members of the Boko Haram group abducted the village's head and his son

- Fortunately, the son of the monarch was able to escape early on Sunday, August 16

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Gunmen have reportedly struck in Mashio community located in Fune local government council of Yobe state leaving blood, tears and mournful residents on their trail.

Channels Television said the gunmen are suspected to be Boko Haram insurgents and that they succeeded in abducting the head of the village, Isa Mai Buba, and his son.

The report said the incident had been confirmed by the police authority in Yobe state through its spokesperson, ASP Dungus Abdulkarim.

The acting chairman of the local government, Abubakar Kolere, also confirmed that the incident happened, according to the television station.

A quick interesting look into the attack on Angela Okorie
Monarch and son abducted as police confirm gunmen strike on Yobe town

Over the years, Nigerian military men have battled insurgency and other forms of insecurity Credit: Nigerian Army
Source: UGC

The report said the duo explained that the attack on the community took place in the night of Saturday, August 15.

They said the abducted son of the village head escaped in the early hours of Sunday, August 16, but that his father is still in captivity.

The strike is coming just days after governors from the northeastern part of Nigeria that has become the hotbed of insecurity, told President Muhammadu Buhari that Boko Haram insurgents are recruiting more members in the region.

Legit.ng reported that the governors disclosed after a closed-door meeting with President Buhari alongside Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and the heads of security agencies at the Presidential Villa, The Cable reports.

Just recently, residents of Puciwa and Koleram communities in Magumeri council area of Borno state were said to have been attacked by men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists.

The attacks, which happened on Monday evening, August 10, left dozen of farmers and herders killed, a report by The Guardian said.

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

Mallam Wali, acting secretary of Magumeri council who witnessed the scene on Tuesday, August 11, said the assailants injured 16 other villagers and rustled cattle, sheep and goats.

"We are much terrified by the latest and deadly attacks by insurgents," Wali was quoted to have said.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Tolulope Arotile: NAF Flying Officer laid to rest | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel