- Willian’s move from Chelsea to Arsenal continues the swap-trend between both clubs
- The Brazilian winger has been unveiled by the Gunners on Friday, August 14, 2020
- Willian joins the growing list of Chelsea players who have left the Stamford Bridge for the Emirates
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Willian has been unveiled at Arsenal football club as the Gunners finally confirm signing of Brazilian winger on a three-year deal with the North London side.
The Gunners announced the signing of the former Chelsea star on their website on Friday, August 14, and the latest development will delight Arsenal fans.
Willian spent seven years at Chelsea where he won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and also the Europa League before he left Stamford Bridge.
He is not the only player to have ditched the Blues to join Arsenal, with top players including David Luiz as well as Petr Cech also following the same path.
Luiz sealed a sensational move to Arsenal from rivals London rivals Chelsea on transfer deadline day last summer.
Ousted Arsenal manager who was in charge at the club at that time Unai Emery hailed the transfer, admitting the defender's immense experience in the Premier League will add more depth in his squad.
Below are players who left Chelsea to join Arsenal
1. England - Tommy Lawton (as player: Chelsea 1945–1947 / Arsenal 1953–1955)
2. Scotland - Johnny Paton (as player: Chelsea 1946–1947) / (as coach: Arsenal 'A' 1961–1965)
3. Northern Ireland - Bill Dickson (as player: Chelsea 1947–1953 / Arsenal 1953–1956)
4. Scotland - George Graham (as player: Chelsea 1964–1966 / Arsenal 1966–1972) / (as manager: Arsenal 1986–1995)
5. Scotland - Stewart Houston (as player: Chelsea 1967–1972) / (as caretaker manager: Arsenal 1995, 1996)
6. England - Colin Pates (as player: Chelsea 1979–1988 / Arsenal 1990–1993)
7. France - William Gallas (as player: Chelsea 2001–2006 / Arsenal 2006–2010)
8. France - Lassana Diarra (as player: Chelsea 2005–2007 / Arsenal 2007–2008)
9. Israel - Yossi Benayoun (as player: Chelsea 2010–2013 / Arsenal on loan 2011–2012)
10. Czech Republic - Petr Čech (as player: Chelsea 2004–2015 / Arsenal 2015–2019)
11. Brazil - David Luiz (as player: Chelsea 2011–2014 and 2016–2019 / Arsenal 2019–present)
12. Brazil - Willian Borges da Silva (as player: Chelsea 2013–2020/ Arsenal 2020–present)
Legit.ng earlier reported that Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo might be staying back in Europe after his deal with Manchester United expires in January 2021.
French League champions Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly interested in the 31-year-old forward, but will have to meet Shanghai Shenhua's price.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV