- Football fans can’t wait to return to the stadiums after they were banned due to the pandemic outbreak
- UK government are considering return of spectators to matches as from September
- However, there will be guidelines and strict measures in a bid to curb the spread of the pandemic
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Football fans were banned from the stadiums since March following the outbreak of the pandemic, however latest information has it that government will allow them to return to the stands as from September.
The Sun are reporting that a further easing of the lockdown will be implemented by the UK government with strict rules in order to test possibility of safe return of fans into the stands.
Other sports that will be considered for fans are racing events, rugby as well as the Snooker World Championship.
Premier League officials have said that the new league season will return on September 12 and some of the matches will be tested for fans' safe return, while full roll-out will be implemented in October.
However it won’t be an easy task as fans will be mandated to sign a code of behavior.
Meanwhile, government says the games happening in the North West will not be included as a result of the spike in the number of cases.
In a bid to curb the spread of the infection, socially distant seating will be observed and there will be quite a number of sanitizer stations.
One way entry and exit areas plus staggered arrival times will be used
Prime Minister Boris Johnson explained: "At every stage I have said our plan to reopen society and the economy is conditional.
"Today we are able to announce some further changes which will allow more people to return to work and the public to get back to more of the things they have missed.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Jadon Sancho has been on the radar of Manchester United for some time now and the player is reportedly interested in a move to the Premier League club, but he is confused on what step to take.
SunSport reported that the player is in a dilemma on whether to demand to leave Dortmund or to simply hand in a transfer request.
The 20-year-old had thought his switch to the Old Trafford outfit would have been sealed last week, but somehow nothing has happened.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV