5m Nigerian youths applied for N-power Batch C - Minister

5m Nigerian youths applied for N-power Batch C - Minister

- The federal government has said that it will be strict in choosing beneficiaries of the N-Power Batch C stream

- The government said that this is so in order to make that only qualified applicants benefit from the scheme

- The ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development said that five million persons have already applied for the programme

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, has revealed to Nigerians how the federal government will choose the Batch C set of the N-Power scheme.

Through her special assistant on strategic communication, Halima Oyelade, Farouq said that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration will make sure due diligence is followed in the selection of the next set employees in the programme, Vanguard reports.

Minimum wage: FG, labour unions to meet Monday, September 16

The minister said that this will be done to ensure that only qualified applicants emerge as beneficiaries of the scheme.

She revealed that so far, not less than 5,042,001 Nigerian youths have applied in the online registration.

5m Nigerian youths applied for N-power Batch C - Minister

The minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq (Source: UGC)
Source: Twitter

Farouq said: “Due diligence will be applied during the next stages of the selection to ensure that only duly qualified applicants are enrolled.

“The ministry will ensure that the applicants as well as the general public, are fully informed on the progress of the scheme.”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the ministry of Information and Culture had explained why over 14,000 beneficiaries of the N-Power scheme were yet to be paid by the federal government.

On its Twitter page on Thursday, July 23, the ministry said that it had not at any time failed to process, approve and remit necessary information for payments to the Office Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF).

N10 billion fraud allegation: IGP orders probe of Udom’s appointee

The ministry also noted that it was the duty of the OAGF to credit the various accounts of the beneficiaries.

It went on to explain that upon receiving complaints of non-payment by some beneficiaries, the OAGF revealed that "out of a total of Five Hundred and Sixteen Thousand, Six Hundred (516,600) N-Power beneficiaries data sent to OAGF for migration in April, 2020, only a total of Five Hundred and Two Thousand, Five Hundred and Eighty (502,580) data have successfully migrated to the GIFMIS."

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel