85 LGAs in 20 states still remain with no COVID-19 testing - FG raises alarm

85 LGAs in 20 states still remain with no COVID-19 testing - FG raises alarm

- The federal government has raised an alarm that no COVID-19 testing has been done in 85 local government areas of 20 states

- This was revealed by Boss Mustapha, the secretary to the government of the federation, at the daily briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19

- The chairman of the presidential task force on COVID-19 noted that more needs to be done to raise number of tests

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Following the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government on Monday, August 10, said 85 local government areas (LGAs) in 20 states still remain with no testing done and no case reported.

Boss Mustapha, the secretary to the government of the federation, disclosed this at the daily briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19 in Abuja.

According to the chairman of the COVID-19 task force, over time tests have been ramped up in Nigeria but more needs to be done in order to raise the quantum of test per million.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

He said: “Our analysis has however shown that five states still account for 60 percent of cumulative cases; 689 out of 774 LGAs have reported a case; 85 LGAs in 20 States still remain with no testing done and no case reported; and 50 percent of all cases are in 20 percent LGAs.”

No Test Done In 85 Councils Of 20 States — SGF

Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and chairman of the COVID-19 task force.
Source: Twitter

The SGF went on to note that that though the numbers of confirmed cases coming out daily are low, it should not be misinterpreted to mean that Nigeria has overcome as the country is yet to reach the peak of the pandemic.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the Nigerian government on Thursday, August 6, announced another four weeks extension of the second phase of the eased COVID-19 lockdown.

The announcement was made during a briefing in Abuja by the chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.

Coronavirus: Engaging activities you can do to avoid boredom following the stay at home order

Mustapha said the extension of the current ease of lockdown was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari after the COVID-19 task force on Wednesday, August 5, briefed him about the progress made so far in containing the spread the disease.

He said under the revised guidelines of the eased lockdown which will be maintained in the next four weeks, the current nationwide curfew from 10 pm - 6 am still stands.

In a related development, the federal government has asked aviation authorities and airline operators in the country to begin the process for the resumption of international flights.

Aviation authorities had in March restricted international flights as part of measures to check the spread of COVID-19.

However, Sani Aliyu, the national coordinator of the presidential task force on COVID-19 on Thursday, August 6, said the aviation industry could begin the process of preparing the Nigerian airspace to receive international flights.

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

Lagos school prepares isolation centre for Covid-19 emergency | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel