- Governor Godwin Obaseki has resumed his ward-to-ward campaign after taking a break over the weekend
- The governor's campaign train was at Etsako central local government area of the state on Monday, August 10
- Governor Obaseki said he will vehemently resist forces fighting to stop his people-centric projects in Edo
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and governor of Edo state, Mr Godwin Obaseki, on Monday, August 10, resumed his ward-to-ward campaign for re-election as governor in the Saturday, September 19 gubernatorial poll.
Speaking at the resumption of his campaign in Etsako central local government area of the state, Governor Obaseki said he will vehemently resist forces fighting to stop his people-centric projects in the state.
“We have people fighting us because they want to stop our resolve to develop Edo state, but we are ever ready to ensure the development train continues non-stop. This election is all about progress,” the governor told his supporters.
Speaking at the palace of the Oliola of Anegbette, His Royal Highness Ugbodaga Yakubu, Governor Obaseki said he had come to seek prayers and support ahead of the election, as he did for his first term.
“You gave me your royal blessings and I won in the election. I am here again to seek your blessings and support,” he told the monarch.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Governor Obaseki had earlier vowed to sustain the tempo of developmental strides by his administration across all sectors “despite distractions by a few selfish politicians who are hellbent on further plundering the fortunes of the state.”
The governor who spoke to his supporters in wards 5 and 9, Etsako East local government area on Thursday, August 6, said his government will continue to utilise the state’s resources for developmental projects in order improve the livelihood of the majority of Edo people.
Recall that Governor Obaseki described the failed invasion of the Edo state House of Assembly Complex as an attempted coup d’état that is as good as treason and contrary to the Nigerian Constitution.
The governor made the statement in a statewide broadcast on Friday, August 7, adding that the event signals grave danger to the safety and security of the polity.
He, however, assured the people of Edo state that his administration will take all steps necessary to defend the rule of law and democratic ideals.
Primate Ayodele: Oshiomhole should stop fighting God's project | Legit TV