- Actress Charlize Theron recently celebrated her 45th birthday
- The South-African born actress is always giving back as much as she can through a great deal of charity work
- Legit.ng has compiled some interesting facts about her to celebrate her special day
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016.
Legit.ng knows what an amazing influence and motivation Charlize has been for many South Africans to reach for the stars and to never let their circumstances hold them back.
Charlize has been living abroad for many years now but never once has she forgotten to give back to her roots and do whatever she can to help the people of not only South Africa but Africa as a whole.
As Charlize turns 45, Legit.ng felt it would be nice to honour her by presenting 10 amazing facts about the very talented actress that some might still not know.
Happy birthday, Charlize!
- Charlize was born in Benoni, South Africa on August 7, 1975. She lived with her parents Charles and Gerda on their family farm.
- Her mother tongue language is Afrikaans – some would never say as she is now an international movie star.
- Since the age of six, Charlize was a ballerina and even attended a special school for dance. However, her passion changed to acting but she still loves to dance.
- Charlize’s childhood was not a very cheerful one as her father was an abusive alcoholic, now making her an avid activist for gender-based and child violence.
- Marilyn Monroe and Bette Davis were Charlize’s role models as a child.
- In 2017, she was the seventh-highest paid actress in the world; she made $14 million that year alone. Theron typically makes $10 million or more for each movie she stars in.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
- Theron decided to move to New York City at the age of just 18 and start her career as a fashion model, it was then that her life really started and doors just did not stop opening.
- At the age of 19, Theron was at a bank in Los Angeles and she was trying to make a withdrawal out of her South African account and told she was not allowed to. It was then that John Crosby noticed her strong stand and approached her to ask if she needed an agent – this was her big break moment.
- The film that really made her internationally famous was 2003’s Monster, which she won an Oscar, an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for.
- Charlize gives back to the community through a great deal of charity work. One of the biggest charities she supports is The Global Fund, which helps in the fight against malaria, AIDS and tuberculosis.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
Legit.ng previously reported that the film star gave her fans on social media a rare glimpse of her two daughters on social media.
The actress who is known for keeping them away from the media made an appearance with the girls on her birthday. Charlize showed up with the little ones around her during her virtual birthday party.
Most Nigerians dream of spending their next birthday abroad | Legit TV