Edwin Clark sends warning message to Osinbajo over comments on Niger Deltans

Edwin Clark sends warning message to Osinbajo over comments on Niger Deltans

- Chief Edwin Clark has sent an important message to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

- The Ijaw leader warned Osinbajo against antagonising Niger Deltans

- Clark flayed the federal government for reneging on its promise to attend to the 16-point demands presented by the PANDEF

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

An elder statesman and prominent south-south leader, Chief Edwin Clark, has warned Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to tread with caution over sensitive issues bordering on the Niger Delta and its people.

Nigerian Tribune reports that the elder statesman warned that people of the squalid region were prepared to take their destiny in their own hands not minding the consequences of the perennial agitations over critical issues affecting the region were not addressed.

Legit.ng gathered that Clark gave the warning in a lengthy letter he personally signed and addressed to Osinbajo, copies of which were electronically made available to journalists on Tuesday, August 4.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello
Edwin Clark sends warning message to Osinbajo over comments on Niger Deltans

A prominent south-south leader, Chief Edwin Clark.
Source: Depositphotos

The nonagenarian is upset over a closed-door meeting Osinbajo held a few days ago at the State House, Abuja, with the duo of the minister of state for petroleum, Timipre Sylva and the deputy governor of Delta state, Kingsley Otuaro, over renewed agitations in the Niger Delta region without involving aggrieved stakeholders.

The former minister of information referenced “the recent developments in Delta State; where some communities and groups i.e. Ijaws of Gbaramatu and Ogulagha, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ukwanis, Isokos, etc. issued ultimatums and threats to disrupt oil and gas operations in their areas, due to federal government’s continued apathetic attitude towards the region.

“I have been inundated with countless calls since the news of that supposed meeting from various quarters, including the media, and many have expressed serious exception to the fact that critical stakeholders of the region were not consulted or involved.

“The action, whatever the intentions were, is not only thoughtless but is also a betrayal of trust, to say the least, and likely to stir up unnecessary tension in the region. This again shows the creepy attitude of this administration, and its practice of exclusion, and non-committal to issues of the Niger Delta."

Election 2019: US pastor prays for Nigeria, says country is too important to fail

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He flayed the federal government for reneging on its promise to attend to the 16-point demands presented by the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) in the wake of hostilities against oil and gas assets by militants in 2016.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the South East for President 2023 (SEFORP2023) and the Pan-Nigeria Presidency of Igbo Extraction Coalition (PANDIEC) engaged in a political battle.

It was reported that the groups are angling over who should superintend the quest for a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction in 2023.

PANDIEC recently declared it was the umbrella body for groups championing the cause for an Igbo president in 2023 and that other groups with similar objectives had ceded leadership to it.

Yerima Shettima reveals what Igbos need to do to win presidency seat | - on Legit TV

Buhari condemns Tiv, Jukun clash

Source: Legit

Online view pixel