- Odion Ighalo was able to secure a contract extension at Manchester United
- The on-loan Shanghai Shenhua striker currently earns a whopping £125,000 weekly at Old Trafford
- Despite Victor Osimhen’s record deal to Napoli, Ighalo remains the highest earning Nigerian player
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Odion Ighalo is currently the highest earning Nigerian footballer as the Manchester United striker is paid a massive £125K-a-week fee after he successfully extended his contract at the Old Trafford.
Manchester United have confirmed that Nigeria international Odion Ighalo will remain at the club until January 2021.
The 30-year-old joined the Red Devils earlier this year from Shanghai Shenhua for an initial six months loan deal and further extended the deal until 2021.
He earns a whopping sum of money ahead of sensational youngster Victor Osimhen who will be earning £96,000-a-week at his new club Napoli.
Osimhen officially joined the Italia Serie A side as the club has finally unveiled the youngster after weeks of trying to seal the deal.
Napoli completed the transfer agreement for the 21-year-old for fee plus an array of potential bonuses that takes the deal up to €50 million (about N23 billion).
Below are top 6 highest-earning Nigerian players as posted via nairametrics
1. Odion Ighalo (Manchester United): £125,000-a week (about N63.3 million)
2. Victor Osimhen (Napoli): £96,000-a-week (about N48.6 million)
3. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City): £75,000-a-week (about N40 million)
4. Victor Moses (Chelsea): £75,000-a -week (about N40 million)
5. Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City): £60,000 a week (about N30.3 million
6. Alex Iwobi (Everton): £50,000 a week (about N25.3 million)
However, Osimhen's transfer to Napoli makes him the most expensive African player ever in terms of signings.
Osimhen who spent just 12 months with Les Dogues, joins Napoli on a 5-year contract, with the option to extend that deal by a further sixth year.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Victor Osimhen who has just completed his switch from Ligue 1 side Lille to Italian giants Napoli has started settling to new life in Italy as reports say he is already shopping an apartment in Naples.
The two clubs, Lille and Napoli, signed the final relevant documents on Friday, July 24, with Osimhen having already passed a medical with the Serie A club in Rome a week earlier.
It would be recalled that the former youth international made an impressive mark in France in his debut season, scoring 18 goals and six assists across competitions.
Rashidi Yekini is irreplaceable in Super Eagles – Abdul Sule | Legit TV