- Christian Pulisic and Azpilicueta to miss Bayern Munich's Champions League clash
- Both stars limped off their FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal earlier this weekend
- The Blues trail the German League champions by three goals in the earlier fixture in February
Chelsea's chance of reaching Champions League quarterfinals may have been canceled after two of their players have been ruled out of Bayern Munich's second leg round of 16 fixture.
The duo of Christian Pulisic and Cesar Azpilicueta suffered hamstring injuries during their 2-1 defeat to Arsenal in the final of this year's FA Cup championship at Wembley Stadium.
Pulisic opened scoring for the Stamford Bridge outfit but a Pierre-Emerich Aubameyang's brace turned the result in favour of the Gunners.
Frank Lampard will now face a daunting task to overturn their 3-0 deficit from the first leg when they meet on Saturday, August 8.
"I don't know the full extent of the injuries," Lampard told reporters. "But I know the hamstrings with Azpi and Christian - they have to be scanned and assessed over the next few days.
"They clearly won't be fit for next week."
Chelsea legend Lampard also showered encomium on two goals hero Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
"He scores two goals, one being a penalty which he earned. We were very clear with the players that Arsenal play long balls in behind you, they play football as well," he said.
"We allowed him in easily, he is a top-class player and the second goal is the sort of speed and quality from a player of his level - moments like that from Aubameyang obviously finish you off."
Apart from failing to win silverware in his first year in charge of the Blues, Lampard gave a good account of himself after qualifying them for Champions League next term.
He was able to pull this off despite his inability to sign any player due to the sanction placed on his team by FIFA for breaching players' transfer code.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Willian will decide his future after Chelsea’s FA Cup final against Arsenal on Saturday, August 1, but latest reports have it that Spanish club Barcelona have offered the Brazilian a three-year deal.
The 31-year-old’s contract with the Blues is set to expire with Premier League clubs Arsenal and Tottenham also chasing the winger.
Willian’s agent Kia Joorabchian has disclosed that at least five offers have been received for the player with the latest one coming from La Liga giants Barcelona.
Rashidi Yekini is irreplaceable in Super Eagles – Abdul Sule | Legit TV