Herman Cain: Former US presidential candidate dies of coronavirus

Herman Cain: Former US presidential candidate dies of coronavirus

- The coronavirus pandemic has hit the US harder as the deadly virus claimed the life of one of the country's prominent politicians

- Herman Cain, a former US presidential candidate has died of Covid-19

- Reacting to Cain's death, the White House said the legacy, patriotism and faith of the deceased politician will never be forgotten

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The ravaging new coronavirus disease, Covid-19, has claimed the life of a former presidential candidate of the United States, Herman Cain.

CNN reports that Cain died of coronavirus at the age of 74, citing an obituary sent from his verified Twitter account

Legit.ng gathers that the former Republican presidential candidate was hospitalized earlier in July.

Herman Cain: Former US presidential candidate dies of coronavirus

Herman Cain: Former US presidential candidate dies of coronavirus. Photo credit: Getty Images via The New York Times
Source: Getty Images

"You're never ready for the kind of news we are grappling with this morning. But we have no choice but to seek and find God's strength and comfort to deal," a statement posted on his official Twitter account on Thursday, July 30, reads.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

Cain had announced his candidacy for the US president seat in 2011 and gained some traction but later dropped the presidential ambition amid sexual harassment allegations, which he denied.

The prominent US politician was born December 13, 1945, in Memphis, Tennessee. He is survived by his wife, Gloria, and their two children, Melanie and Vincent, and grandchildren.

The White House has reacted to his death, saying he "embodied the American Dream and represented the very best of the American spirit."

"Our hearts grieve for his loved ones, and they will remain in our prayers at this time," White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said.

"We will never forget his legacy of grace, patriotism, and faith."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, as countries continue to battle with the coronavirus pandemic, the Nigerian government is doing all it can to bring back nationals stranded in other countries due to the lockdown.

Coronavirus: Engaging activities you can do to avoid boredom following the stay at home order

No fewer than 289 Nigerians arrived at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja on Wednesday, July 29.

The evacuees were brought back from the United States. Their arrival was announced by the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) on its official Twitter handle.

According to the commission, this is the fourth evacuation flight from the US. The flight which was reported to have departed from the US on Tuesday, July 28, had 135 males, 142 females and 12 infants on board.

Coronavirus: The US govt gave me over 400k to stay at home - Nigerian in US | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel