Nigerian Army vows to track down, punish attackers of Borno governor's convoy

Nigerian Army vows to track down, punish attackers of Borno governor's convoy

- Nigerian Army has reacted to the Boko Haram attack on the convoy of Governor Zulum of Borno state

- The army's spokesperson, Sagir Musa, said details of the incident were still sketchy and under investigation

- Musa, however, vowed that the attackers will be tracked down and decisively dealt with

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Hours after the convoy of the governor of Borno state, Babagana Zulum, was attacked, the Nigerian Army has released a statement vowing to deal with the perpetrators of the attack who are suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists.

Recall that the convoy of Governor Zulum was attacked on Wednesday, July 29, while he was on his way to some Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps in Baga, a town under Kukawa local government area.

Reacting to the incident on Thursday, July 30, army spokesperson, Sagir Musa, said details of the incident were still sketchy and under investigation, Sahara Reporters reports.

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games
Nigerian Army vows to track down, punish attackers of Borno governor's convoy

Nigerian Army vows to track down, punish attackers of Borno governor's convoy. Photo Credit: The Governor of Borno State
Source: Facebook

The statement reads partly: “The convoy of the governor of Borno State, Prof Babagana Zulum, came under Boko Haram terrorists fire while visiting Baga town on the 29th of July 2020.

"The executive governor had earlier paid a visit to the Commander, 19 Brigade at the Nigerian Army Super Camp, Baga, where he was fully briefed about the prevailing security situation in the general area.

"The unfortunate incident occurred shortly after the governor and his entourage departed the Super Camp to visit other parts of Baga town. The incident forced the governor to abort his planned movement to Baga."

Musa said efforts are already ongoing "to comb the area where the incident occurred with a view to track down and deal decisively with the attackers."

"An investigation is also in progress to identify the circumstances that led to the attack," the spokesman said.

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum has directed his fury to the Nigerian Army over the attack.

Zulum, confronting the commanding officer in Mile 4, stated that despite claims of victory over Boko Haram, the terrorists still had the upper hand to unleash the attack.

The furious governor mentioned that even with the presence of 1,181 soldiers in Kukawa local government area, terrorists still thrive.

Zulum said that since this is the case, he will ask for the redeployment of the soldiers to another place where they are needed.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel