- An official in Kano state has disclosed that 10% of the 774,000 job slots in the FG’s employment programme have been allocated to politicians
- The disclosure was made by Abubakar Muhammad-Janaral, the spokesperson for the Kano state selection committee
- Muhammad-Janaral said politicians are expected to distribute the forms to their people at the local level
Politicians in the country have reportedly been allocated 10% of the 774,000 job slots in the federal government’s special public works programme.
The spokesperson for the Kano state selection committee, Abubakar Muhammad-Janaral, told Premium Times that politicians were awarded the 10% slots to prevent them from interfering in the selection processes.
He said the Kano state selection committee has distributed the forms for 4,400 of the state’s 44,000 job slots to politicians, in compliance with the directive.
“These politicians include the governor, his deputy, senators, members of House of Representatives, House of Assembly members, local government chairmen, councillors and supervisory councilors,” he said.
He stated that politicians are expected to distribute the forms to their people at the local level.
Meanwhile, a call has been made to the Kaduna government for the inclusion of cemetery workers in the planned recruitment of 774,000 persons.
The call was made by the ward head of Unguwar Yazufa in Hayin Danmani, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad Bida. Not less than 23,000 youths and women are expected to emerge as beneficiaries of the 23 local government areas in the state, Daily Trust reports.
Bida decried the fact that cemetery workers do not get salaries from either local government councils or private organisations.
He, therefore, called on the state government to ensure the inclusion of the workers in the special work project and also the N-Power scheme.
In another report, the federal government has disclosed that over five million people have so far applied for the ongoing N-Power Batch C recruitment.
The deputy director of information at the humanitarian ministry, Rhoda Iliya, made this known in a statement released on Sunday, July 26, Premium Times reported.
Rhe ongoing registration for the N-Power Batch C has also been extended by two weeks, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development disclosed
N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV