Over 5 million Nigerians apply for 400,000 N-Power slots

Over 5 million Nigerians apply for 400,000 N-Power slots

- The federal government has given new updates on the ongoing N-Power recruitment

- A statement by the humanitarian ministry said over five million people have so far applied

- The ministry had, however, said only 400,000 persons will be employed in the N-Power Batch C scheme

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The federal government says that over five million people have so far applied for the ongoing N-Power Batch C recruitment.

The deputy director of information at the humanitarian ministry, Rhoda Iliya, made this known in a statement released on Sunday, July 26, Premium Times reports.

Meanwhile, the ongoing registration for the N-Power Batch C has been extended by two weeks, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has disclosed.

Over 5 million Nigerians apply for 400,000 N-Power slots

Over 5 million Nigerians apply for 400,000 N-Power slots. Photo Credit: Sadiya Umar Farouq
Source: Twitter

The online application process, which began on June 26, was scheduled to close on Sunday, July 26, 2020.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

The ministry said the registration was extended to avail every one of the opportunities to register.

It explained that the challenges faced by some people in gaining access to the registration portal which has seen a record number of over 5 million applications, also necessitated the extension of the closing date for registration.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Sadiya Farouq, the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, had said only 400,000 applicants will be absorbed into the third batch of the National Social Investment Scheme (NSIP) at the end of the recruitment exercise.

On Sunday, July 12, the minister tweeted: "My team and I continue to interface with stakeholders to ensure a successful transition for the @npower_ng.

"It has been 16 days since the portal opened and we have received 4.48 million applications to date."

Coronavirus: Engaging activities you can do to avoid boredom following the stay at home order

The minister had also on Monday, June 22, revealed that about 12,000 N-Power beneficiaries were yet to be paid their three-month stipends.

She admitted this at the media briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.

She disclosed that the delay in paying the volunteers was as a result of administrative issues, adding that her ministry was working to resolve it with the office of the accountant general.

“So, these are the administrative issues that have hindered the payment of some of the volunteers. There are about 12,000 of them based on our record and as I am speaking with you, the permanent secretary of the ministry is in the office of the accountant general to sort out these issues and once we get the report, we will make it available to all,” she said.

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel