- Beneficiaries of the N-Power initiative have denied being part of a protest against the federal government and the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development
- The members under the N-Power Beneficiaries Forum said the protesters were sponsored by political detractors
- The beneficiaries of the federal government's National Social Investment Programme also pleaded that the initiative be expanded to accommodate more Nigerian youths
Some members of the N-Power Beneficiaries Forum have disassociated themselves from an alleged protest over the winding down of the Batch A and B streams of the initiative.
These individuals in their hundreds said at no point did the forum plan a protest against the federal government or the minister humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq.
The forum also said that the people championing a protest over the winding down of the Batch A and B streams of the N-Power initiative are sponsored by political detractors aimed at undermining the successes recorded under the minister.
In a statement signed by the forum's secretary-general, Godwill Ibekwe, the programme beneficiaries also denied that the organisers of the protest are their members.
Ibekwe also expressed gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari and the minister for the opportunity to benefit from the scheme.
He noted that genuine beneficiaries of the N-Power programme have welcomed the launch of the Batch C stream of the initiative.
He said the N-Power initiative would not only avail the same opportunity to other young Nigerians to learn a skill but will also give them an opportunity to earn stipends which could push them into the next stage of their lives.
Further declaring support for President Buhari and Hajiya Farouq, Ibekwe said that in due course members of the forum and the Batch C beneficiaries would show their appreciation for the privilege.
He also pleaded that the programme should be expanded to accommodate more Nigerian youths into it.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Nigeria's minister of information, Lai Mohammed, had explained why members of the N-Power scheme have not been paid.
Mohammed said that over 14,000 members of the N-Power initiative have not received their benefits from the federal government.
The minister said the ministry in charge of the initiative did not at any time fail to process, approve and remit necessary information for payments to the Office Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF).
He also said that it is the duty of the OAGF to credit the various accounts of the beneficiaries.
Also, Hajiya Farouq had announced the enrollment of a new batch of the N-Power programme on Friday, June 26.
The minister said the initiative would continue with its major mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
The announcement by the minister followed moves by the federal government to commence payment of N30,000 to all N-Power beneficiaries.
She also said that those responsible for processing the payment to all the beneficiaries of the initiative must do it in adherence to the necessary rules and regulations.
According to the minister that will ensure accountability and transparency in the payment process.
N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up - on Legit TV