- A civil society organisation has condemned the killing of five aid workers by some members of Boko Haram
- The Centre for Social Justice, Equity and Transparency on Friday, July 24, also condemned the use of landmines and explosives by Boko Haram terrorists
- CESJET also called on world leaders to rise up and quit paying lip service to the issues of Boko Haram terrorism
The Centre for Social Justice, Equity and Transparency (CESJET) has condemned the killing of five aid workers by the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists.
The group also criticized its use of landmines and buried improvised explosive devices by the terrorists.
According to the group, such action does not discriminate its targets in a war situation and always hits many civilians.
In a statement by its executive secretary, Isaac Ikpa, on Friday, July 24, CSEJET said the radical terrorists' new dimension has suffered heavy casualties.
While stating that the group of terrorists are unable to come close to the military and has now resorted to attacking from a position of weakness, the centre urged FG and the Nigerian armed forces to maintain the onslaught and unleashing of maximum force against the terrorists.
Ikpa urged world leaders to rise up and quit its lip service to the Boko Haram problem.
The group also called on media and activists across Nigeria to remain"circumspect in the treatment of this sad incidence so that they do not fall into the trap of promoting the message of terror".
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that the United States Mission in Nigeria has condemned the killing of five aid workers by members of Boko Haram.
The US mission said the action by the terrorists came on the backdrop of deteriorating conditions for millions of Nigerians.
Boko Haram terrorists on Wednesday, July 22, released the video showing the gruesome killing of five aid workers.
Describing the aid workers as brave people the US mission hailed them for their selfless service and sacrifices.
It said the mission hopes that their families and colleagues can take comfort in their selfless sacrifices on behalf of others.
Also, a community-based group have condemned the call for the sack of Nigeria's service chiefs in a time of insecurity.
The group said it will sustain its support for President Buhari-led administration and the service chiefs in the fight against terrorists in Nigeria's northeast region.
According to the group, President Buhari and the service chiefs have demonstrated capacity, willpower and the expertise to rid the country of terrorism and other crimes.
The group also urged Nigerians and the international community to throw their weights behind the president and the Nigerian military leaders in an effort to end the war against insurgency.
It noted that the president and his service chiefs would need the total support of all Nigerians to deliver absolute peace across the country.
The group said now is the time for the fighters to surrender when they still have the chance to do so or consider being crushed by the Nigerian military.
It also urged relevant agencies to provide actionable intelligence to troops so as to complement what the military is doing at the battlefield.
The group said residents of various communities affected prone to attacks should always endeavour to make relevant information available to security personnel within their reach.
5 years after, Nigerians speak about Buhari's administration | Legit TV